If you lived each day of your life as if it was your last, someday you’ll most certainly be right.
I’ve been thinking a lot about how this year ends and how a new one begins. Just as I am sure you are right now. What did we do last year? What didn’t we do last year? What do we want to do this year?
It has to start with REAL purpose and REAL intentionality. I don’t have to remind you, but there is a 85-90% chance you will not make it past 30 days with your first resolution.
The video imbedded below is just that nudge you may need. If today were the last day of your life, how would you approach it?
Some of the things that come to mind from MotivationGrid’s capturing of Steve Jobs 2005 Stanford University commencement speech had some great clips. Several that apply to the idea of the proper way to set your 2018 goals. Here were some that stood out:
- Make an impression on yourself, look in the mirror, would you want to do what you’re about to do? If no comes to mind to many times in a row it’s, you need to change what you’re doing.
- What’s truly important?
- Follow your heart.
- Is this your life’s change agent?
- Your time is limited. Don’t waste it.
- Don’t let your inner voice get drowned out by others.
- What moments can be your greatest achievements? Go find them.
Anyone of those above put behind any goal you set for 2018 will help you understand if this is the right goal to go after. Don’t chase a fad, life is to short for that. Chase your heart.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. See you in 2018
Leave a Reply