Morning everyone. I missed Saturday’s load for the 7 points. Been a very busy work week for me as you probably have either experienced yourselves or have read about. Doesn’t mean I don’t have points, because I do. The benefit to you? You won’t have to wait so long for the next post.
1. Boredom. It’s something I’ve been studying and thinking a lot about. We don’t put ourselves in a state of boredom enough. I’ve found creativity in boredom. When I can sit to the point I am bored, I know my mind has had time to just relax and stop moving at the speed of light for the next shiny objective. Once it’s clear, my best creativity comes in those moments. Take a breath this week to the point of boredom. Feel how refreshed you feel after that moment.
2. What are some great skills that can pay you big time for having developed and specialized? I was wondering too when I saw this one on Ladders which is about a 5 minute read, I found some that once mastered and practiced can pay you back. Travis Bradberry shares what he believes 9 of them are here (https://www.theladders.com/career-advice/9-skills-you-should-learn-that-pay-dividends-forever). Skills like learning how to say “No” and EQ are just a couple you’ll read about.
3. Reading a great book right now as a breaker between a couple of other books. Michael A. Singer (https://books.apple.com/us/book/the-untethered-soul/id377564641) wrote a book called The Untethered Soul that is teaching me how to deal with my emotions and navigate my mind a little bit better. He’s wrote several pieces for yoga and meditation centers. It’s all about reflection and mindfulness which I have found very therapeutic in my personal life to be skilled at. This piece helped me understand how to better overcome emotions that are disruptive and steal my joy.
4. Stories about my Watch. I always find it interesting about how the Apple Watch has actually saved lives as a piece of technology. When things are created in a technology space that makes our lives better and healthier, I’m all for it. This is one that my wife shared with me that was really cool to read. https://au.news.yahoo.com/man-apple-watch-saves-life-after-mountain-biking-incident-092937888.html How a man’s Apple Watch saved his dad’s life. Pretty graphic pictures if you get a little uneasy on accidents.
5. Batman Day (https://nationaltoday.com/batman-day/) was yesterday! If you haven’t got into some comics for yourself or with your family, you should. I used to walk for 6 miles every Wednesday when I was kid in grade school to get some fresh comics from a gas station down the highway. For those uninitiated, Wednesday is comic book day when your local shops refresh their wears with new releases. Now you can get comics for just about any age and any demographic for just about any genre you want. Such a great thing to get involved with your kids on to connect, learn to read, and imagine. I might be a little bias, but the article in the link is how to start with Batman. That of course is my favorite super hero.
6. Been keeping a electronic journal again versus a paper one. Experimenting with different mediums is something that I do over and over again. I’m kind of a flipper. I’m back to digital though and Day One is my journal of choice. Been a beta tester and user since the beginning. It’s getting so good. I’m really enjoying it. You can play with on your favorite OS and check out the sight on where to download it here. (https://dayoneapp.com/)
7. Getting ready for a personal best for anything takes a lot and consistent training to accomplish. I’ve been using Aaptiv (https://aaptiv.com/) as a coach for over a year now. Really enjoy the improvements they’ve had, their community on Facebook, and how it all syncs with my tech to give me all the data I need to improve week over week. The Chicago Half Marathon is this coming weekend. You can still sign up with me if you’d like here: (https://www.chicagohalfmarathon.com/) I plan on a PR (personal record) on this one and it’s part of series which included the spring 2019 run I already did. I’ll share how I did next week.
Hope you enjoy what I’ve been up to and reading or using. Have a great Sunday and great week ahead! Stay curious!
Leave a Reply