Got delayed in getting this out there to you. Here’s my 7 from last week. Have to admit they were pretty fun to dig into!
1. What can Waffle House teach about leadership and managing a business? You’d be surprised. Nice article in WSJ about it. I’m curious and I’m hungry now. Find it here: https://apple.news/AZ6ainPhESyCCzbe3zJa9zA
2. Mental illness is growing. Bring Change to Mind is an organization that helps us better be enabled to do that. By helping us understand it and eliminate the stigma around it, we can be better equipped in helping. Take the dive: https://bringchange2mind.org/
3. Finally finished off Infinite Game by Simon Sinek. Awesome. Here’s a quote that stuck with me. I choose infinite.
“In any other game, we get two choices. Though we do not get to choose the rules of the game, we do get to choose if we want to play and we get to choose how we want to play. The game of life is a little different. In this game, we only get one choice. Once we are born, we are players. The only choice we get is if we want to play with a finite mindset or an infinite mindset.”
The Infinite Game
4. Great podcast this week on Rich Roll Podcast. He had a couple of music creatives in music, Rodrigo y Gabriela. They share insights into their craft that was also great advise for others. Humanity is like an instrument and we need to tune it daily. Little over an hour, but I broke it up over two days. Really worth the listen if your struggling with your craft. Check it out here: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-rich-roll-podcast/id582272991#episodeGuid=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.richroll.com%2F%3Fp%3D37769
5. Started to read some of my favorite fantasy as a kid. Dragonlance Chronicles which compromises all three books from Chronicles. To top it off it’s the annotated version of it which is like having the affect of a story behind the story. Sort of a telling about how they came up with the storylines and characters. It’s like a BluRay with extras. Like to read some really great epic fantasy, check it out here: https://www.amazon.com/Annotated-Chronicles-Dragonlance/dp/0786918705
6. Speaking of dealing with distractions from last weeks findings in previous posts, I wanted to read some more about the podcast I shared from the author of Indistractable by Nir Eyal. What’s the root cause of distraction? We would like to say it’s our tech, but Nir argues that it’s not. This is how distraction really works. Find the book here: https://books.apple.com/us/book/indistractable/id1455731744
7. Helium. Did you know it’s a limited resource that is getting less and less available? I didn’t realize either that some of the tech we use like MRI machines and quantum computers need it to even function. What are we going to do when it runs out? Fun little Short Wave podcast again about some pretty cool facts regarding Helium including where it came from and how it was discovered. Check it out from NPR here: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/short-wave/id1482575855?i=1000456233243
That’s my 7 from last week. Apologize for the late posting. Hope you enjoyed checking some of the stuff out. Do you have something you want me to learn? Send it my way. Love to highlight it in upcoming 7 Point Saturday post.
Leave a Reply