I missed the Saturday window. Sorry about that. Here’s my last week’s dives. Enjoy the journey down the rabbit hole.
- To busy to work out? It can seem like it. Really when it comes down to it, Baby Yoda says there is do or do not, there is no try. Almost completely right. We do have choice in our favor. It’s about habits. Something to get those habits to become real? Some cold water in the face for reading. Check out what happens if you don’t here: https://www.inc.com/christina-desmarais/if-youre-too-busy-to-exercise-you-need-to-read-this-research.html
- What do the confident people have that the unconfident ones don’t? Great leaders they look up to or are near. Confident people have great behaviors in place that help them navigate around traps that would make them look otherwise. Here’s some of those great behaviors: https://www.inc.com/scott-mautz/highly-confident-people-avoid-these-14-behaviors.html
- I don’t know if we ever truly find contentment in our lives. This article examines our paradoxes and how impossible it is to please ourselves. And why. We can be content, but it’s not that simple. Check it out here: https://markmanson.net/the-3-paradoxes-of-life
- Procrastinator? You need a system. The study of building a system which is a set of routines, is said to help build something sustainable. These are the keystones of your work you’re trying to build. Here’s some ways to do it: https://forge.medium.com/you-dont-need-more-motivation-you-need-a-system-84f4bf12c4bb
- Intermittent fasting I thought was the way to go. 8 hours of eating, 16 hours of nothing to eat was my strategy. It didn’t last very long. So, naturally I wanted to read why it works for some and not others. Here’s what I found: https://qz.com/1754394/intermittent-fasting-has-become-a-productivity-hack-for-men/
- The Next Big Idea Podcast. Always been a fan since I joined the development membership they have. I really was curious about this latest episode about coding. More specifically how they may influence our behaviors. Truly life hacking us. Here’s the cast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/how-coders-secretly-influence-your-behavior-real-reason/id1482067226?i=1000455369916
- How can we that are married stay more happily married? I have my perspective on that. Chris Matyszczk from Inc has his in this three minute article. Here it is: https://www.inc.com/chris-matyszczyk/my-wife-i-tried-latest-trend-in-staying-happily-married-it-wasnt-a-success.html
This next week I am going to get into more reading and checking out some podcasts I’ve been wanting to get into. Stay tuned for that. Might even finally get my own out there. I’d like to give you some music to try out too that I have opened myself up to. Check out the list next week! Thanks for reading!