Here’s what I got really close and cozy with this past week. I apologize for the miss on not getting this out on Saturday. I was burnt this week. I almost decided to save it and skip this week. But, I didn’t want to let you down. So, that said, here’s what got my attention last week.
- I learned a lot about the Slow Movement. May not be what you think it is. Check it out for yourself and learn about slowness from a different perspective. Here’s the dive: https://getpocket.com/explore/item/slow-thought-a-manifesto
- Quote that I am trying to live out more this week and into next: “In order to master changes, we have to recover slowness, reflection and togetherness.” – Guttorm Floistad (SEE ABOVE and read it for yourself!)
- Emotional intelligence. We don’t get many lessons in this effort to understand our E.I. But, when we can, they are valuable lessons indeed. Here’s the dive on one story I read: https://www.inc.com/justin-bariso/she-canceled-a-first-date-last-minute-because-of-work-what-followed-was-a-lesson-in-emotional-intelligence.html
- What sound could be possibly so loud, that it circles the earth? Did you hear it? I didn’t. So I wanted to know more. Release the Krakatoa! This was a fun one. Here’s the dive: https://getpocket.com/explore/item/the-sound-so-loud-that-it-circled-the-earth-four-times
- For my more active readers who like to run or jump into beastmode at the gym, this one is right up your alley. I’ve been asked whether it’s better to stretch before activities or not. Tough one to answer. I don’t, but that doesn’t mean I’m right. Here’s a perspecive that I found interesting on the subject: https://www.outsideonline.com/2408467/case-against-stretching-flexibility-research?utm_source=pocket&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=pockethits
- Then I found this weird one. Grabbing a weird article every now and then can be entertaining for me. Hope you like it. It’s super short. Ever been to a ghost town? Here’s the dive: https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/al-madam-abandoned-village-uae/index.html
- Coronavirus news is everywhere. I wanted to get a really good idea of what it must be like to self-quarantine. This piece from Mitch Smith from the NYT was a great story. We have no idea over here in the states on what this feels like. There are over 17k that are living this reality right now, some in the states potentially. The article even mentions some folks from Portage, MI which literally is 45 miles from where I live. Here’s the dive: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/04/us/coronavirus-quarantine.html
That’s your 7. Have a great Monday night catching up with my finds. Let me know if there is a theme for this next week you may want me to explore for the next 7. I’d love the challenge!
Leave a Reply