I went down a lot of different rabbit holes this past week. Those are my favorite weeks though. Here’s what I found for you.
- First up a movie which I usually don’t post here for 7 Point, but an very incredible story. It’s out on digital and DVD/Blu-Ray. The movie, Ford v Fearrari. Just a great movie. Here’s IMDb on the synopsis. Hit your local digital space for the movie to rent it or do what I do, Redbox it. Here’s the idea of the movie: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1950186/
- You’re looking for success potentially all wrong. I’ve found when I have trouble finding it, it’s because I have worked to hard at trying to will it into being. You can’t will success into being. Here’s the idea, be the verb not the pronoun: https://nextbigideaclub.com/success-comes-stop-chasing/23236/?utm_source=Heleo+Newsletters&utm_campaign=c9dec18446-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_lift_2020_2_11&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_85eb2ca8d0-c9dec18446-217416749&mc_cid=c9dec18446&mc_eid=090cce7857
- Leaving work at work. Easier said then done. We bring it home in very different ways. Sometimes those that we love get the brunt of it. When we need to be on, when we should be off. It’s not as easy as the swtiches on our walls. Here’s the idea: https://hbr.org/2020/02/how-to-leave-work-at-work
- Each week you have 168 hours. Have you paused long enough to understand what you’re doing with your time? We’re not as busy as we think that we are. Here’s the idea: https://getpocket.com/explore/item/how-do-you-use-your-168-hours-each-week
- I listened to a great podcast this past week. I’m a big Tim Ferris fan. I’m also a big Brene Brown fan. Put the two together? A great podcast. Here’s the cast which is just about 1 hour: https://youtu.be/Wh5SUF0gPWQ
- Grinding away isn’t enough. Neither is talent. Hard work alone doesn’t yeild the prize. You need an edge. Everyone has one. I’ve learned to turn my adversities into just that. Here’s a dive that explains: https://hbswk.hbs.edu/item/hard-work-isn-t-enough-how-to-find-your-edge
- Couple quotes that stuck with me this past week as I stumbled around. “Be the hardest working person in the room” – Dwayne Johnson and “Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win a war.” I’ve been into some YouTube rabbit holes lately. I found this channel by Mulligan Brothers to be really inspirational. Here’s the channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/mulliganbrother
Hope you enjoyed this week’s list. Again, you have something that you want me to take a dive in, I love doing that for others. Let me know in the comments below.