Well I have a lot I read this past week. Seemed to be a perfect storm of interesting articles that either landed in my email for me to read from others or that just caught my eye. I had 30 at the end of the week. After posting these lucky 7, I’ll have plenty for next week too. Let’s head down the rabbit hole.
- As many of you know I am a bit addicted to craft coffee. I found a great video I couldn’t pass up. Inside the world of high-end coffee. In fact this very moment I’m drinking a drip of Gold Coast Reserve that I managed to snag that is really smooth. 7+ minutes. Coffee geek culture, yeah that’s me. Enjoy! Here’s the link for the video: https://youtu.be/adCKCOCSGpg
- You even innovate bro? Okay, so it looks like the buzz word “innovation” is starting to lose its truth. Did you know there was a Board of Innovation? Yeah, there is. And, there’s about 70k+ books out there with the word innovation in its title. Interesting dive. Here’s the start: http://t.a.email.hbr.org/r/?id=h4cbe9a93,92f90b6,92f90d1
- Concentration is wicked hard to do these days. So many different distractions around us and so many that have evolved out of time as we learned to lean into technology more. Thought this was a good one on how to achieve actual concentration in today’s state. Here’s the link: https://getpocket.com/explore/item/how-to-actually-concentrate
- Think you’re a good listener? Hey, pay attention! See, maybe not. Like me, I’m sure you can find it hard to listen because you just have such great advice to give. I’ve made listening to learn a skill, and I’ll never master it. Because it has to be practiced all the time. Ever heard of “closeness-communication bias” before? Yeah me either. But, as you get closer to someone, the harder it is to be a active listener. Check it out: https://heleo.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a6579e21df5f4156ea7a7c3bb&id=4382dd7bd6&e=090cce7857
- 1% gains on anything doesn’t seem like much. But Kevin Evans shares some great examples of where just 1% improvement over and over again can be the difference in being your most optimal mastery of your own productivity. Outside of the article I am a huge fan of their newsletters so sign up for them. Here’s the gains: https://www.intelligentchange.com/blogs/news/how-to-increase-productivity?_ke=eyJrbF9lbWFpbCI6ICJzaGF3bjU3NjdAc2JjZ2xvYmFsLm5ldCIsICJrbF9jb21wYW55X2lkIjogIm5GRWUzUiJ9
- Jane Goodall I am sure everyone is familiar with her scientific research on. If not, the rabbit hole here is one to check out. She was all in. Some great motivational reading here for a break from the norm. And, a peak into someone’s passion. Here’s the dive: https://www.brainpickings.org/2015/07/14/jane-goodall-africa-in-my-blood-letters/?_ke=eyJrbF9lbWFpbCI6ICJzaGF3bjU3NjdAc2JjZ2xvYmFsLm5ldCIsICJrbF9jb21wYW55X2lkIjogIm5GRWUzUiJ9
- I’ve never been in a pawn shop before, but always had one around not to far away or one that I would drive by. I always wondered about the economics of them and how they manage to stay open. Great article I found on just that. Also, another great newsletter to sign up for from the Hustle. You’ll get a daily drop like this one every day: https://thehustle.co/the-unpredictable-economics-of-pawn-shops/
That’s the reads of this past week. Hope you enjoyed them. Already getting stacked up with some for you to check out next week. Thanks for reading.