I got way off track on this one which doesn’t happen very often. I could have waited to post this one this coming weekend. But, I couldn’t very well not give you something to take your mind off of other things going on in the world now could I? So, here’s the very late reading collection I gathered from last week’s dives.
- The first one is a great one that explains why I journal so much. I do so mostly digitally through a couple different apps (Day One Journal + 5 Minute Journal) everyday and a written one the Change Journal. Here’s someone that did so for 5 years straight and what they learned about themselves: https://miriamballesteros.com/career-development/the-five-minute-journal-review?_ke=eyJrbF9lbWFpbCI6ICJzaGF3bjU3NjdAc2JjZ2xvYmFsLm5ldCIsICJrbF9jb21wYW55X2lkIjogIm5GRWUzUiJ9
- Then I wanted to go further and understand the science backed reasons to do journaling everyday. Here’s a pretty huge reason we should, in fact 17 reasons. Especially in today’s environments. Here’s the science: https://nesslabs.com/dear-diary?_ke=eyJrbF9lbWFpbCI6ICJzaGF3bjU3NjdAc2JjZ2xvYmFsLm5ldCIsICJrbF9jb21wYW55X2lkIjogIm5GRWUzUiJ9
- Then I started to think about the power of self-reflection which is what I do a lot when I journal. Self-reflection has long been considered an incredible feeder of greater happiness as well as success. Here’s how Tracy Kennedy over at Lifehack believes it can help: https://www.lifehack.org/696285/how-self-reflection-gives-you-a-happier-and-more-successful-life?_ke=eyJrbF9lbWFpbCI6ICJzaGF3bjU3NjdAc2JjZ2xvYmFsLm5ldCIsICJrbF9jb21wYW55X2lkIjogIm5GRWUzUiJ9
- After doing a lot of self-reflection I started to be a lot kinder to myself which was an interesting play after all this work. We need to be kinder to ourselves. We’re way more harder on ourselves than we are anyone else. So much so we shut down and hide or rarely show out vulnerabilities to others. Self-compassion was a big learn from the work I dove into above. Here’s the idea: https://ideas.ted.com/how-to-be-kinder-to-yourself-self-compassion/?utm_source=Heleo+Newsletters&utm_campaign=b826e57181-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_lift_2020_3_03&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_85eb2ca8d0-b826e57181-217416749&mc_cid=b826e57181&mc_eid=090cce7857
- Here’s Susan David on the gift of emotional courage. Really enlightening to just listen to if you can’t watch it. https://heleo.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a6579e21df5f4156ea7a7c3bb&id=352b372a9d&e=090cce7857
- Looking for a more emotional joyful life? Yeah, me too. Tired of all this hate bubbling around all over my social media and news lists. I’m done. There are lessons to learn for a more joyful life. Here’s some: https://www.aestheticsofjoy.com/2020/02/7-emotional-lessons-for-a-more-joyful-life/?utm_source=Heleo+Newsletters&utm_campaign=b826e57181-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_lift_2020_3_03&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_85eb2ca8d0-b826e57181-217416749&mc_cid=b826e57181&mc_eid=090cce7857
- Lastly, the courage to overcome shame. Brene Brown has an amazing new show to watch on Netflix and podcast to check out. She’s amazing and consider her incite just incredible. Get in the arena she will often state. Haters gonna hate. Here’s the Netflix show: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwj_6a3L1f7nAhWCTN8KHab0D10QwqsBMAJ6BAgUEAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dgr-WvA7uFDQ&usg=AOvVaw1abVEPZa8PgEMUyyuIorKs and here’s the link to the podcast on Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/unlocking-us-with-bren%C3%A9-brown/id1494350511
That’s the insightful 7 for last week. As you can see from my themes a lot of work on self and reflection. I needed it go there. I hope you find them just as helpful as I did for myself. Enjoy! Thanks for reading!