Wow! This month has flown by. Why is it that the months in shelter at home time versus with out seem to fly by? Is it because we don’t really have a grasp of weekdays because its seems to be Groundhog Day each week? Reminds me of running. When I don’t look at my watch and just run, I am actually faster and it seems to go by quicker. Anyway, not what today is about here. Another edition of the weird and unusual that stumbled into this week to share. Lets head down the rabbit hole.
- I consider myself a very productive person. Staying focused is something I pride myself a bit on. Almost to a fault. But, its my jam and how I work. How with all this stuff that’s distracting around us do I manage to still get my days in check? I found something that really kind of talks about that. 3 min read in the “best of” that I found pretty darn close to the how I do it: https://getpocket.com/explore/item/5-questions-productive-people-ask-themselves-to-stay-focused
- Staying true to productivity so you get more out of your spaces I got another one that focuses on the very best in the world (me NOT being one of them) at keep themselves in tune for top performance without sacrificing time to do it. Work smarter, not harder kind of thing. Check it out: https://medium.com/@skueong/great-at-work-how-top-performers-work-less-and-achieve-more-book-notes-f935ed51d35d
- You ever give someone the finger? No, not that finger. The pointer finger silly. Why do we do that? Is it universal? Or, could it have another hidden meaning when your just pointing a direction out to someone? Be careful. Check it out: https://getpocket.com/explore/item/the-way-humans-point-isn-t-as-universal-as-you-might-think
- My dad loved him some Hawaiian shirts. When he passed a few years ago and we had to filter the clothes, I guess I was unprepared for just how much he enjoyed them. Then I wondered why and what’s the history here? I’ve been to Hawaii a few times. Heck, I even have a couple Hawaiian shirts somewhere around the house I think still. Anyway, break from the norm with this one: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/innovation/history-hawaiian-shirt-180974598/?utm_source=pocket&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=pockethits
- I journal and take notes a lot. It works for me. There are several other creators out there it does a lot for as well. There’s all kinds of best practices. The science of why journaling or writing/typing things out tells us it can reduce anxiety, help bring focus, and increases creativity centers in the brain. Here’s a YouTube from Mr. Ferriss that is super good at explaining the benefits: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UFdR8w_R1HA
- Whose had a George Foreman moment? I have I think two of his grills around the house. Love them. Easy to cook on and super easy to clean up after you cook on them. Like having a grill in the house on your kitchen counter. The chefs out there are shaking there heads, but this thing makes amazing evenly cooked, perfect grilled cheese. What’s the history? Ran into this one reading Men’s Health: https://www.menshealth.com/technology-gear/a31121309/george-foreman-grill-history/?utm_source=pocket&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=pockethits
- The last one is how I always seem to find some great things to post every weekend. I’ve said this before, I am an ultra learner. Love to pick up and learn things I’ve never encountered before. I am a life long learner and always will be. Here’s the thing! Anyone can be. Here’s a little bit on how you can get started and why its important to become one now more than ever: https://getpocket.com/explore/item/here-s-the-1-thing-you-need-to-do-to-learn-more-about-anything
That’s the 7 for this morning, for the weekend. I hope that it keeps you entertained for a minute. Read one a day maybe and you got yourself a monotony breaker through out your week until next Saturday. Got one you want me to feature in next week’s list? Drop it in the comments below on the post and I’ll give it the space. Always loved to learn more from my readers!