What a week. Trying to keep this one a little eclectic in case you needed something in your curiosity fed. I feel like I was all over the place with these from this past week. But, they were what I needed. Enjoy.
- (5 min) I have no idea when my gym will reopen. I don’t miss running on a treadmill at all. But I do remember how I felt on a treadmill. I also felt what it was like off one. I’m not a fan of treadmills. But, I kind of want one for those days I work from home where I can use it while I read or when the weather stinks. Any way, found this one on the affects of running on a treadmill: https://getpocket.com/explore/item/how-treadmill-running-differs-from-running-outside
- (4 min) Dropped a post early this week about “what” which was completely different than why. But, why with a what can provide really clear scope, perspective, and a direction for you. Though this article from HBR is really about leadership, I believe anyone anywhere can be a leader. So check this one out if you’re trying to lead: https://hbr.org/2020/05/good-leadership-is-about-communicating-why?utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter_monthly&utm_campaign=leadership_not_activesubs&deliveryName=DM82935
- (5 min) Reality distortion field is crazy right now for me. Trying to separate all the emotions for myself, guide others through theirs, and try to come to some kind of reality that works for me is really out of focus. I wanted to get into some learning around self-compassion to figure this out. I really enjoy Lilly’s work. Here’s the article: https://www.inc.com/lolly-daskal/how-to-accept-yourself-your-life-your-reality.html
- (11 min) Are you a night owl? I used to be. This is kind of the reason why I am not amidst several other reasons why. If you’ve ever wondered what being one like was, this is a good post. The depth on this one is pretty deep, but will help you understand. Take a look: https://getpocket.com/explore/item/extreme-night-owls-i-can-t-tell-anyone-what-time-i-go-to-bed
- (8 min) Is there a scientific reason for distraction? And, why do I feel like crap when I catch myself getting distracted? I feel mostly like crap when working or playing in my creative space. It just happens. Few minutes or hours later, I’m completely frustrated because I’ve got nothing done. I’m working on a class course right now called Margin that I will write about at some point. Often times when we are overloaded, we drop into distractions. All that said, here’s a YouTube on why that happens and why we need to give ourselves a break when it does. The channel: https://youtu.be/cyt3DCI5J68
- (5 min) As a runner endurance is something that I am always training for. The longer I can last, the longer I can run. The longer I can run, the greater the prize in my honest opinion. I’ve been learning the science of self-talk can really help increase my endurance beyond what just physical training can. I also wondered, can this be applied to anything we’re trying to build endurance around? You let me know: https://getpocket.com/explore/item/how-to-talk-yourself-into-better-endurance
- (7 min) Anyone else seen nature completely making a come back on your backyards with us sheltering at home? I have. I have more species of birds than I have ever seen before. Maybe that’s just me being more self-aware because I have the time to notice. But wow, it’s pretty cool to recognize. Here’s what I didn’t know about birds in my backyard: https://getpocket.com/explore/item/25-things-you-might-not-know-about-the-birds-in-your-backyard
Enjoy the 7 this week. Again, I’ll put it out there. I love to learn crazy obscure things as an ultra learner. You got a subject for me? Send it my way in the comments below or ping me. You could have the whole 7 point take over on the next post, next weekend. Thanks always for reading and checking things out. Stay safe, stay healthy, and be the change you want to see in others.
Leave a Reply