Where have you been man? I know, been a while. Trying to find my place here as I’ve stated for the last couple of months. I want 7 Point to continue so I want to renew my commitment to you on getting these out at least Saturday or by end of day Sunday. Keeps you informed, keeps me focused on writing routines. Let’s get into this weeks past reads. No themes here. But, sometimes they exist based on a huge breaking narrative that just makes me go super deep.
1. On Hope (3 Min) A really good Vogue piece with Tim Cook. I think most of us understand change is here, needs to happen, can not ignore it. Things are not happening slowly, which I think feels good. History has been to slow. Time to speed up the timeline for change, for equality, for equity. https://apple.news/AiITLLi9sQomYfC_YP_udPA
2. Cup of Joe (9 min) You know me to well. Now that I have a subscription for coffee shipped to me every month from some amazing location on the planet I’ve never tried before, I’ve been really into brewing methods. My favs are hand brewing like the Palmpress, Aeropress, and pour over ways to brew where I can control the flavor. Here’s a nice 101 for you if you got the curios notion: https://email.getpocket.com/ls/click?upn=ky17TgJ1REx4YaZOG279kbu5U-2B-2BDMSfKyURXE4kDgmE99xxw-2FPW72IqJtkEkRqYdfC9N_PHOmiF2WICAvZHAAPZXMgWOz6MXxBKQNVj7K9BDTpXLaj8wX2J896B7v4ccBQz0yxfsti00SYLRWDGhN4C3AIFJbBvNhew9jGXuxycCyYr8c31Yxq9DKDrIW-2FMjtJonkAD-2FRkTgZ60Nw9FKRzzaT-2FvlEzme4hAb1arW8917JEyI7sIxwyh8USQrzsRZkebH-2BMgDXy6QQ1iYWJseNeTne8-2BiBVJ9rX-2BmreiSRZ6lChaIWs-2BhAIwK5TegALAbyUsncVBktP4L-2BAFqcg-2Fl5EcMz4NkSDY14UCWi-2FthqI8U5y9CfTuRCstUeeujGGM3nbROjBZthtMtnpPqiJs-2FinY8E0-2B7mxD7v3s9HPMS8PYiMUWYczyjVZb9psTbMHWhM5y-2BJ
3. Questions Without Answers (5 min) So much uncertainty about things right now. Anxieties are at a all time high with how we’re being required to adapt. Whether it’s COVID related or other stress, it can be hard when those answers are readily in front of you. No light at the end of the tunnel. How about instead of resisting we just surrender to it? Change what you can, accept what you cannot. https://email.getpocket.com/ls/click?upn=ky17TgJ1REx4YaZOG279kVGhELZcT0Rmf0F4LJmjvuM48BbxqP4hZQixoOFlwResuh78_PHOmiF2WICAvZHAAPZXMgWOz6MXxBKQNVj7K9BDTpXLaj8wX2J896B7v4ccBQz0yxfsti00SYLRWDGhN4C3AIFJbBvNhew9jGXuxycCyYr8c31Yxq9DKDrIW-2FMjtJonkAD-2FRkTgZ60Nw9FKRzzaT-2FvlEzme4hAb1arW8917JEyIWpKKzYYEsbBH2SwCmDlNvE3Y7gQaccBmGV-2B86A-2Bv3dg4vB75wkfOQhVU9d-2BVn1fhIzWlDzRj6aeUBUdo95W3II9HW6uvp79QlinpU33-2FUfTL63QsCte3i6qs8dmwz3sriSVqTJRBGJ3O3Mlx3FjdrOSjvaLO-2FUgriX-2FPlQASUJwIwvbL-2FvpD-2FehJdHwlavxXd65bdZXkmCupWq0kLKUTt
4. COVID (6 min) Probably sick of reading about it. It is not going away, it is here to stay. But, I wondered this week what are we not getting with so much noise out there about this thing? What are they not telling you and should be? Who better to get some of that, then someone that had it. https://email.getpocket.com/ls/click?upn=ky17TgJ1REx4YaZOG279kVHZ97-2B3o1OxUHDmMKv9l5pi-2BRKfSitNpV7B9TkXADPMyBWD_PHOmiF2WICAvZHAAPZXMgWOz6MXxBKQNVj7K9BDTpXLaj8wX2J896B7v4ccBQz0yxfsti00SYLRWDGhN4C3AIFJbBvNhew9jGXuxycCyYr9wYk5IiotNCUM72C3iGF6Sh5on0NmFRq1-2FasFtfxD4qYdKNDTcsMhXyiekyDnwk3vK7ilLsA5IIuvvTKlYK1FyTYkZK5fbGPA5Mmtb7Oxdz4tvN9Wrk-2BG7O4fdj4M-2BosrM66GfsPznTuLWiVSglzJsapV14930RlFXKOJkcysuQ4SCBqL0zgyJxePZfyxZOIFF9a1WEim-2BWkHQnBoAM41JCEJYgi6q7QeSC0xhLnBZJFmXtjOiM-2Bt91lPeou0gD-2BE-2B7-2BWX8KGgNPQg7YCnHS6k
5. Addiction (4 min) By one of my posts above, you get the gist that I like a great cup of hand made coffee. Am I addicted to caffeine? If I don’t have coffee I don’t have headaches. I don’t crave coffee during the day. Sometimes after dinner. I wondered. https://email.getpocket.com/ls/click?upn=ky17TgJ1REx4YaZOG279kUwYppjVqSCY-2BCc9qgJkUQRk3fq8-2FCkV7CMeyhq8DSt2-3Td_ImJSAUyAltbIQfdE35jXaUFTRxOVEm9afsWk03WoRRoU96igMjV-2B1-2BvzMg2ZX6YH6sFJYIZwR8Lu8vo30qpbB1Q0iZke-2F-2FxkhtMok3CDJHxtejJfLTRj-2Fs8RMa91FB88uDsS-2FWes8Ok2kEPhtM4GHJd3Z275-2BcI-2B5gQm3zJC632FYiUJnaFMbqqf52hK5lolqS0LfGNNwdVtoaMPoiZ-2F3E4vS1F7QqlEmQlplFMcqxsvFbn6j8wwLPgMTz-2BGXTcEYYJgO6F8RkQLsYD1TaXBSiWo7-2FJJzb-2Fd5VurKxuj2aj8A-2B2mGKD1xvrgg-2FzALxBx2Ui34azvmFsJpkGBGxH3jqfRFmOBTBpCHWOnyW3BW77kwbF0yHDDc4aBr-2FfCsh7aDII9dQeWa3XFNo7iIUMXjw-3D-3D
6. Permission (10 min watch) First, big fan of Ethan Hawke. This was a great watch from TED, waking me up from my funk. Giving myself permission again hit me right there. https://www.ted.com/talks/ethan_hawke_give_yourself_permission_to_be_creative
7. Memory fade. (4 min) I’ve done a lot with mindfulness over the years to improve my memory. Mostly what it does for me is clear my head so only what I want to stay in there does. Gives me all kinds of good space for things I do want to stay in there. This isn’t about mindfulness though. You have in this link either the 14 min video or you can take the 4 min ride. Worth it if you feel a fade coming on. https://email.getpocket.com/ls/click?upn=ky17TgJ1REx4YaZOG279kfCneqyrozb-2FSxC3MGxHtYFACbYaqOn-2BwFkrQlimfsBtugwT_ImJSAUyAltbIQfdE35jXaUFTRxOVEm9afsWk03WoRRoU96igMjV-2B1-2BvzMg2ZX6YH6sFJYIZwR8Lu8vo30qpbB1Q0iZke-2F-2FxkhtMok3CDJHxtejJfLTRj-2Fs8RMa91FB88qTg5bQwcMAsEvMIek3N-2BOcUYQTkBobd6JQLoOmK1wyWXLN0fpZttjUL-2Fxat018McrefpwpOnbgMBr8E3YeAKwPpuT-2BfWuObHvdK9GfzmVx8iBkA6I5zE1t80L5rCe4aruzrGd90SsuqOLuOV-2BgZbn32GwZzJpfyKqyAyQA05vvZ5f2IytVdwtClLqJEH6cnMcCobDE2a-2B06tilatCf8VJsvshV3WYnFngE6As-2FW6KtiQqPnyE1y7NN-2BVrR2dzJVFybMwNSGdKWjgUgLSQt8Uyw-3D-3D
That friends is my 7 for last week that I picked up. I’m back logged on my catching up from Pocket where I store interesting things I want to go deeper on or save for this space to share. I should have no issues keeping my commitment to you all for next weekend. Enjoy the holiday if you’re in the states. Not sure if Labor Day is a national holiday or not? I think I just found a article to learn more about the history here on Labor Day. See you later.
Leave a Reply