Good Morning! Going to try an change up with the normal 7 Point. I’m going to highlight, combine something else that I enjoy with this post going forward. Coffee! One of my favorite routines that I really enjoy every morning is hand brewing at least a couple cups of coffee every morning to go with my other routine of learning first thing everyday. So, I will share my coffee story along with the 7 Point post. Kind of a “what’s in my cup” kind of thing. One thing, I may from time to time share is how, companies, and coffee companies I use in the posts. I am not working for these companies, I do not get anything for posting. Just like to share how I craft my coffee for the perfect cup, which at times requires me to share some details. Let’s get started!
Today’s cup comes from Uganda, Kayombe. I enjoy grabbing different beans from different parts of the work. Over at www.AtlasCoffeeClub.com my membership brings me joy once a month from a different part of the world to enjoy. I save these particular cups of joy for special time in my day as a reward. Today’s cup is a medium roast with the tasting notes of baking spice, caramel, and graham cracker. Incredible flavor. Comes from the region in Uganda on Mount Elgon. Simply elegant. I made it using my Palm Press to get the most from the flavor of the roast. Great travel, single cup coffee maker. Metal filtering, fully washed beans. It’s awesome ☕️
Let’s get into my reads and saves from last week. The 7 from this past week had no rhyme or reason. Just interesting.
- Be Smart (4min) Always looking for some great ways to increase the load I can do, while not losing the capacity to do so. Gives me more time back for some passions that I want to spend time exploring like writing. There’s a new phrase, work about work 🤷🏻♂️ Here’s the dive: http://link.tryshift.com/ls/click?upn=bU0GpTmcvBRAG8FfN93mJOA1ROYP3GWy6sj2NvdJ-2Bf0yzdHBEiZxvF-2F-2Bemjuc2HE-2F9HO4rSZlwA9u54V4taufJz8vvzp4e94YYQz5Sw8-2F-2FmqX04zfHMgSLYObRpp7KNBsLQJXbQ4Ew7uY5iqhsIjB81ifdTJyVnS1q00zAZqDgx9qlyByLxvCGpuF2j8HDAw934DXUnSya4vSao3y5Dbd1pXPS8zCCBsWnmHU10-2BLkDrMI4fiVsKcA7mqier2hJE68ERJSCtVJ7MTdKlcLYG4i6A-2FyoyaRqzAM7hyA8mk4Nh2WSIEHZjajtFZdbv3yXirHY-2BEbTb5s9mkbnBaDCsXtLQbeqFOkHVGyjCCWQc2cTDo-2FoSh1Mwc9m8inK1bcm86u-2BFZucZi49Cc6slf6C-2FxqX-2FOc6ru0E-2BgWjiCmBWzXskBYTXSBY-2BGGcPUYiRiehqMqrHEL1e-2BMePREMYYARBJK4lMz6TTzeotlqKP8Bfgy4-3D3XY8_7ZOPFrga6YfAmBYIFi7IwzIlVxkAaEFgPda-2FlcPbfuXewWWpds2DeEQYQED1dNUml5Y-2BqHgYRnF4yRQLM3WxhFs3ncdrhdEv1mZqK3IN2gYyxDDS8HwORNyip6N6yQSEls3A7zHKLYlBbbZyzI2cO2r2o6VezUnO2XrE9btmac6joImKordOwuzjX-2BQ7ltB0wxZlSZgnSgf44Vv0q1xbkM0kmPQLH-2B6VQGSpvhMyaMFxwTZvwdV9O-2BBtpY1sBj8lItrLtnHyd1TYiThL7OdHhhOhrEpBA7smCXVIb5mUlbY-3D
- Quantum Just Sounds Sci-Fi (13min) Bit longer than my usual under 10 min reads. We are getting closer to quantum speeds every year. Speed is something that only improves with technology. You think it’s fast how quickly you can get an answer on the net now, what about when we transition to 5G in our pockets, or in this case what would a quantum internet be like? Discover had a great article that explores this: https://pocket.co/xhSCn6?cta=1&src=ph
- Don’t Tell Me What to Do Bro (6min) “Figure it out,” was something that I always kind of let drive my curiosity. I learned faster that way. Scientific American had a article that kind of explains why this how I learn faster this way. A little about biases in here too. Which has really been a project of learning personally for me as well. Let’s learn about one bias we might not know about, choice confirmation bias. Welcome: https://pocket.co/xhSdR5?cta=1&src=ph
- Break time! (5min) We don’t build enough breaks into our workday day. I’m really bad at it. I’ll just keep plugging along until I realized that I have been working for 4 hours, still sitting on my butt, and now have no time to even snag some lunch. I enjoyed this short reminder about how to build intentional breaks into my workday. It is important. You’ll be much more productive. Take a napaccino. Take a break to check this out: https://heleo.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a6579e21df5f4156ea7a7c3bb&id=26aaad2222&e=a3a9d2bd0b
- Thoughts to Snack On (15min) Another long one. But, the exercise of putting our thoughts into words create a break from reacting to what we read to understanding what we’re reading. Worthy: https://email.getpocket.com/ls/click?upn=ky17TgJ1REx4YaZOG279kUpC56xI26GnN5ph28weiiWkvygcCEvijsBd-2Fh-2F2xcumkKHO_ImJSAUyAltbIQfdE35jXaUFTRxOVEm9afsWk03WoRRoU96igMjV-2B1-2BvzMg2ZX6YH6sFJYIZwR8Lu8vo30qpbB1Q0iZke-2F-2FxkhtMok3CDJHxtejJfLTRj-2Fs8RMa91FB88k1x1-2BALzqj841LUGZ5qB-2FBsti-2FYwXUMy9XkDOqX8of2N8jOLSlxuGtR3fLekZ5MQt58k46qvomMBFFHYvQ4rGhG639GrkDEfwt2N5Ga18BMTv0pZmFttzcQAglaHZ6KpLA1r-2FQFLhbhkZiASe8wRi25vgSaBdv9JyH7nVY51B5ZIFXDNJYGiX9vs6RQUrJuSeiPyt-2Fy26N1QF6bbYMTJmVaj5wX-2FsARCcNkCMw2ujH7ObEg1Fxl2F0oUI02bGwW1Szl-2BeTljIwyUiE-2BmICroQg-3D-3D
- Focused Hijacked! (5min) Similar to #5 above, carving out time for ourselves to dip a toe into the haze, is good for us. As long as you are disciplined in getting back out. Here’s an idea on remaining focused: https://getpocket.com/explore/item/the-two-things-killing-your-ability-to-focus
- More Reads (1 min) Tricked you a little. Here’s some reads if you want some long ones during a lunch. A lot longer, but if my 6 above weren’t enough for you, here’s three more in one.
Hope you have a great week! Stay safe. Stay active. Stay curious.