Morning! Today’s coffee is a simple vanilla blend as I post to you. Not from a fancy roaster discovery or even from my subscribed coffee sub. It’s just a nice vanilla blend that my wife picked up on sale at the grocery store. Maybe that is why it tastes surprisingly good? It was a thought someone else had about me, seeing that I would enjoy it, gifted it. Every time I brew a cup, I’m reminded that someone else was thinking of me, my love for coffee, honored my joy because it makes me happy. That my friends is a great cup of coffee 😋
7 Point curiosities this week range from metrology, to listening, to the story behind Cannonball Run. Buckle up. Here we go.
- Dark Matter? (5min) No idea either. But, this nice 5 minute read got me closer to it. Our research, search for dark matter particles has been a long road. Little is known about it even with these years of research. But along the way new things researching have come from this work. An optical clock being one. Here’s your time: https://link.morningbrew.com/click/21935401.10750/aHR0cHM6Ly9waHlzLm9yZy9uZXdzLzIwMjAtMTAtcHJlY2lzaW9uLW1ldHJvbG9neS1kYXJrLmh0bWw_dXRtX3NvdXJjZT1tb3JuaW5nX2JyZXc/5cb108ee24c17c34e52bbfc1B56bceead
- I’m Gonna Let You Finish, But First…(10min) Listening to learn is something I have to really work at. I’ve been called a fixer, which to my credit, means I am constantly trying to figure out how to fix things, including people. Right or wrong, I’ve worked hard to temper this drive to solve. This was a good reminder on how to be better at listening, letting others finish: https://link.morningbrew.com/click/21935401.10750/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cudGhlZ3VhcmRpYW4uY29tL2xpZmVhbmRzdHlsZS8yMDIwL29jdC8yNC9sZXQtbWUtZmluaXNoLWhvdy10by1zdG9wLWludGVycnVwdGluZy1hbmQtY2hhbmdlLXRoZS13b3JsZD91dG1fc291cmNlPW1vcm5pbmdfYnJldw/5cb108ee24c17c34e52bbfc1Bcad84a7d
- Oceanic Whitetip Shark. (5min) This one is a list breaker. It’s a very sad read. Be prepared. Shark attacks have been increasing of late, which is why this one popped up for me. Not sure why I went here. Not even sure why this was written specifically as a history piece. It is considered one of the worst maritime disasters in U.S. naval history. https://email.getpocket.com/ls/click?upn=ky17TgJ1REx4YaZOG279kSOZcvDmnzCBTVyCapPfJ889gqi0FCCzzihsvojnj-2F3HF8_c_ImJSAUyAltbIQfdE35jXaUFTRxOVEm9afsWk03WoRRoU96igMjV-2B1-2BvzMg2ZX6YH6sFJYIZwR8Lu8vo30qpbB1Q0iZke-2F-2FxkhtMok3CDJHxtejJfLTRj-2Fs8RMa91FB88lSNPmDtvObo02x3-2BxDr-2FGLEFWeoZRpqsypYoC1KfJQiXQ7oMK2INiARAIdE4jEa069gq9xPTCoADyYNv8zqvHm9up4-2F6JJQU1obvzGhLER19maK7lqeCo-2Bq2G94ZBc4OKA3uV-2BhToARCuwssdmKp-2B08iImeoUu78dWEPh7JeEUWM1-2B693fwOiAl-2FnAEVoW-2F0LqJOLiBR84mb5HA4C5Lfcu4fsTR0N4uRUI3PVS7pdo3o4Ng1HVzktvmIq239jxvyPLaUb47I5E9vIgmKx7oRMA-3D-3D
- Chess (13min) This was a game my dad loved when he was living. One that I have always wanted to be better at, but struggled to master the strategic moment of being able to see a few moves ahead. I want to get back into it again. I began with this one read. Fitting, because well, I am in my 40s: https://getpocket.com/explore/item/learning-chess-at-forty
- Cannonball! (30min) No not the one into the pool. The one in fast cars. I’ve been fascinated by fast moving vehicles of all types. I’ve actually been on, felt the Autobahn once in my life. Wicked cool. Did you know that there are less accidents in countries with higher speed limits? Weird. Cannonball Run is back: https://email.getpocket.com/ls/click?upn=ky17TgJ1REx4YaZOG279kXZIMObpSjDlfsZVIBxkCd9TwxnFv8Jj3BynsF7AmBu3lfq8_ImJSAUyAltbIQfdE35jXaUFTRxOVEm9afsWk03WoRRoU96igMjV-2B1-2BvzMg2ZX6YH6sFJYIZwR8Lu8vo30qpbB1Q0iZke-2F-2FxkhtMok3CDJHxtejJfLTRj-2Fs8RMa91FB88Zg2PUohHYOZdp8abgwO38E7BZWMxGjvmlV2w4oP1z49M-2BjCu0m3GQWQemiuWXfjtN5LNQck2KCdqGOL-2Fg98crCHNugVB99vthgDbk1fEU5415s9FRYox1kemjkdrRC-2BfJZo9FLUJp8ImnLl6qMiN0ACJGmCIqilFGgUeD-2FMm6GmjcXympYoQOl6aWoGViDSNxY9tH3lYGIb1rsLIZZCFSKhvAlI4mx9F5J9Wt8Iigpyth-2F5uttHm3vOs9GW7jr-2BJScCYlmDJzP6D-2BtueJ856Ow-3D-3D
- Zork from Ork (7min) One of my fondest memories as a boy was my aunt introducing me to this incredible cool “choose your own adventure” game called Zork. I got to play it when all my homework was done. I loved playing this game. Wonder what my age would say in today’s world of controllers, big screen TVs, PvP play compared to this? Retro? Or cool story bro? https://getpocket.com/explore/item/a-brief-history-of-zork
- Got EI? (5min) Let’s find out: https://email.getpocket.com/ls/click?upn=ky17TgJ1REx4YaZOG279kfH2AtLAnggmGPCHXIZZWQKIF1DdI5sxjo99ISRnRA-2BcXQQk_ImJSAUyAltbIQfdE35jXaUFTRxOVEm9afsWk03WoRRoU96igMjV-2B1-2BvzMg2ZX6YH6sFJYIZwR8Lu8vo30qpbB1Q0iZke-2F-2FxkhtMok3CDJHxtejJfLTRj-2Fs8RMa91FB88-2BeO6vh2MPkzMKV7MR6o78A28jXAO-2BIfwnBwd4Gr33AWsjSVdSPduF7MbPncqxqscZ754MSloLZlQN36jeV0PXim-2BLtPNaq3w3G-2B75RpzTlcx0R3Tnpuq8dpgcaJrVjGqbxRGtBfogsgJ15b0I3jsvHoUuIv15ENn1K7rayltmpl-2FfdU0ou0nBOvHtUaIg9inyuMZJyzq9zzDjCziZbzQSvOAjy3CDtyaHZcIo0C1nVF5EAEAU86vlTLWTXOCaSAgBcyypGLcTFXZAJGmaT7Llw-3D-3D
Enjoy! Hope you have a great week on your own. Any ideas for research or curiosities I can dig into? Please drop them in the comments below.