Welcome to another weekend ending edition of 7 Point Sunday and a Cup of Joe. Unlike last week, there is coffee in this one. All the way from La Plata, Colombia. Let’s get into our favorite cup and then picks of the week.
Today’s grind comes all the way from La Plata, Colombia. A country if you didn’t know is very famous for some of the world’s most outstanding blends you enjoy today. Some that have been around in La Plata since 1730! The notes in this delicious cup is a light roast containing hints of black tea, cream, and lemongrass. I used Clever Coffee Dripper for a steeping 3 minute process to make this perfect cup today. The taste I find to be a very delicate one with that creamy sweetness mentioned, a tea-like body, with just a smashing bright hint of lemongrass. Solid. Let’s get int our list.
- Detox. (3-60min depending on the pick) So the first one is a list of great articles curated by Pocket for you check out on digital detox best practices and facts. I do one of these at least once a week. I don’t do FB, I rarely jump into Twitter, and I’ve all been gave up on the others like IG. Pick of of the list right here: https://email.getpocket.com/ls/click?upn=ky17TgJ1REx4YaZOG279kTqzYTKp9lcgCzovzqygYeZHQ7jBFsd-2Bi0yuGkOk3TagU4pz_ImJSAUyAltbIQfdE35jXaUFTRxOVEm9afsWk03WoRRoU96igMjV-2B1-2BvzMg2ZX6YH6sFJYIZwR8Lu8vo30qpbB1Q0iZke-2F-2FxkhtMok3CDJHxtejJfLTRj-2Fs8RMa91FB88B3axWov-2BnzxzgWc5EP5AT11HnDi5bKODxD5e4SHSE-2BfUh7PHO0N1Dm58oJx9wqC0MKXx-2BOdlXLw3Q2ljA-2BnNjaKuegtTy04KzOLIAMFkNJdw88Jgwy1u2B2nrrVzKLokzIjYg8v01YjBncA3-2B3PnGXKFWL8q-2B2yemN1tH5grOJBrwdJBA175-2FN3wuP3DaH9W7mnDnpthxmKiXAlPz816p09zPgdW-2BSeMVrNoylo-2Fj-2Fa-2FxAEHtvJt3JsPHWJvx-2BA45JSPECVyv89RNfYfUAr6Gw-3D-3D
- Change (4min) Tim Ferriss has been a great teacher for me. I’ve appreciated his perspective and self evolution over the years. He’s been my productivity guru. He’s is to me, the greatest teacher about optimizing yourself you can read about or learn from. While at the same time, he’s none of those things. And, if you asked him how he did it, here’s what he’d say: https://email.getpocket.com/ls/click?upn=ky17TgJ1REx4YaZOG279kSjJippw1L8QK4lAf8pT042apQyopPi2N44tOAQLkdnQF6Uf_ImJSAUyAltbIQfdE35jXaUFTRxOVEm9afsWk03WoRRoU96igMjV-2B1-2BvzMg2ZX6YH6sFJYIZwR8Lu8vo30qpbB1Q0iZke-2F-2FxkhtMok3CDJHxtejJfLTRj-2Fs8RMa91FB88-2FdWYlvmzF8w5ItnxAM2bRdaol8ygmlLBaRWs-2Fqi51iGJcey1LMf8SmpX0-2BeL0xv6A3sp201D8mBHeo-2Br-2BOtu9jbwcNtHDDTJlRAzL-2FN7aHa6hOIkBcNhSXdmZPdkvakrRlal8NyFMopr26BgXHaFvsuh-2F8dVPqNX580PHFsYp3NkujDro2OHf2fClNlu2IIFaW3ucn2KxOi91WogK-2BP8o3O6YUVJi6OGfzJOCixg7IzYBzi4Z78BnrsUfc-2FTELGt7OOvkec9I1Bf8aaskK6SPw-3D-3D
- Bad vs Good (4min) Got a TED for you to listen to or read (transcript it) where we take a dive on bad ideas, actually being good or great ideas. The surprise behind your next bad idea, could be the best idea you’ve ever come up with. Go bad: https://e.ted.com/ideas.ted.com/heres-why-you-need-to-have-more-bad-ideas/—1eyJ0cmFja2luZyI6eyJkaWQiOjM2OTA2NTU5MH0sInByb3RvY29sIjoiaHR0cHM6Iiwic2VhcmNoIjoiP3V0bV9zb3VyY2U9cmVjb21tZW5kYXRpb24mdXRtX21lZGl1bT1lbWFpbCZ1dG1fY2FtcGFpZ249ZXhwbG9yZSZ1dG1fdGVybT1pZGVhcy1ibG9nLTMifQ-2-2.M55BFblQSF882LGgkOkx-1pc6HbfYXjl015kbJ-0tzx4w-2
- Lampoon-ing It (22min) Longer than my typical reads for you to take a dive on. Hoping everyone has seen the holiday classic that is National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation in their lists for holiday watching habits. I love stories behind the work. This is a good one: https://email.getpocket.com/ls/click?upn=ky17TgJ1REx4YaZOG279kSyqvZRHVvHc3lKDrtfPd0vWL-2Fmg3J4-2BbzEaL93EGMqiwSwQ_ImJSAUyAltbIQfdE35jXaUFTRxOVEm9afsWk03WoRRoU96igMjV-2B1-2BvzMg2ZX6YH6sFJYIZwR8Lu8vo30qpbB1Q0iZke-2F-2FxkhtMok3CDJHxtejJfLTRj-2Fs8RMa91FB88jkU0v8QuojT-2FOC5uRMoZ2fvNFGARQc-2FM91C-2FSJDdhGwVFs-2FzRvb9rPF2bBMAr-2Bp-2BcZRmsIV20HBN9zMjsWL8OOOcEUKvM-2FeMG8-2BovEfcYC9LUW-2F9KVij33ipa1MnF60fg7DP9PQqOmwDQIt53sw4kKvULv19oysQIuQgsYzLNCwChkIRTlbgoK6tKPVx8hwHlMny61UQS2yBVwT54Ytq0biXtW7nA2Db-2BQR1AliSkzMSfnTLxSQyRTkhPpwQJ7mq24LHujXth-2F62K-2FPzApGouw-3D-3D
- New Year, New You (10min) This month of December many of us may be working on designing ways to tackle 2021. Many go after the new year with new things they want to be, achieve, accomplish, become. How we do it often times is the life or death of what we want to do. Some science on things that can help plan to be successful with those resolutions right here: https://getpocket.com/explore/item/want-to-be-super-successful-science-says-do-any-1-of-these-10-things
- Longreads (5min-60min) I love these when they hit my inbox. Gives me something to chunk out each day during coffee time or just a break from everything else. Keeps me out of all those pesky scrolling time wasters which typically yield nothing. I try to learn something in each one, write it down in my journal, and share it. Here’s 5 for this week: https://longreads.com/2020/12/11/the-top-5-longreads-of-the-week-352/
- Tesla (10min) I find myself wanting to watch and learn more about this inventor. A inventor before his time? Probably. Get lost in his ideas like I did. I found sadness here too for someone misunderstood which I think we can all at times align with. Here you go: https://getpocket.com/explore/item/the-rise-and-fall-of-nikola-tesla-and-his-tower
Hope you enjoy this week’s 7. I hope you have a really great week!