No cup of joe to show off this week or share. Little light in the cupboard this week. I’ll have a new blend incoming this next week. Which will be the first one of 2021! I hope the holidays found you well rested if you got some extra time off things. Maybe you’ll get a little more with the New Year ahead? I for one can not wait until 2021. It’s been a year. Above is a picture of about 15” of snow that landed Christmas Eve just in time for a very white Christmas. Pretty awesome to see. Let’s get into your 7 for the coming week.
- Dark is Dark (6 min) I don’t think we really know what the Dark Ages were like. We wouldn’t even be able to wrap our minds around it based on our current lives. They were pretty dark though. And in some ways, they were more resilient then we are now. Check it out: https://email.getpocket.com/ls/click?upn=ky17TgJ1REx4YaZOG279kcrz79UYrpc3XkkKO8CoA5eZfyev-2FYE5yibfvCaDaATLzNHV_PHOmiF2WICAvZHAAPZXMgWOz6MXxBKQNVj7K9BDTpXLaj8wX2J896B7v4ccBQz0yxfsti00SYLRWDGhN4C3AIFJbBvNhew9jGXuxycCyYr8-2FaGvi-2Fz3rsaH-2B5PPaUBqppjvzMvmRayDF1wIXD-2B00GqHHpZhcJJ9Ezlb7-2FgRFgtqaq51V7ZU0PnViIWBnyncJFCqQ6KOiWwTOK91gz-2BoCgc6YlalgpW0PUqDXlkZnNdCeZ5kIIQLQVez0LNTaf7VjlANU7zQvyt-2BTolCmBPpib8zK9ALqbcq3llpnqfLUauccVpBlDl9-2F11tMAGwiOhY8ShSAdaUsaVrfxpnzyCRabBFpEn6Z8ED2dO5Bi2wd7CLI7BSfwmwBGwxB3drl4s0N
- Fitness+ and HIIT (6 min) Signed up for a new fitness sub. Trying out HIIT for the first time in-between my days off from running regimes. I can not believe I can burn as many calories in 20 mins of an HIIT session as I can in a 4 mile run that lasts 3x that HITT work out. HITT it here (see what I did there? Sorry 😣): https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/wellness/hiit-belly-fat-burn-workout/2020/12/14/b6ad8b7a-3668-11eb-8d38-6aea1adb3839_story.html?utm_campaign=wp_post_most&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_most&carta-url=https://s2.washingtonpost.com/car-ln-tr/2dbbaaa/5fdf7dc09d2fda0efb8eb35f/5f388f70ae7e8a549aed5cbc/50/68/5fdf7dc09d2fda0efb8eb35f
- Leaders Needed (6 min) Have you ever known your capable of leading a group. Can imagine yourself very easily being able to or get the job done. Yet, you ignore the call. What gives? Here’s some light on the idea of why you may be reluctant to: https://email.getpocket.com/ls/click?upn=ky17TgJ1REx4YaZOG279kZeZDs7NL9KF9n3y1kNvC7RoMmK7Ja051zOUhIOtrR19uW0A_ImJSAUyAltbIQfdE35jXaUFTRxOVEm9afsWk03WoRRoU96igMjV-2B1-2BvzMg2ZX6YH6sFJYIZwR8Lu8vo30qpbB1Q0iZke-2F-2FxkhtMok3CDJHxtejJfLTRj-2Fs8RMa91FB88k7Uo-2F8YWsf7HM4o-2B7bzJMGHs7pRsGoMWwslwEJUzGfR59b81WXHhlyeDkpHWEt-2FRZybOHRzIAfvBmWdqG2YriIw3qFMJWstlO7giALyqPwJPnwg7-2FT4jvVswPNl3gGcz9yQQs6Cr-2Bap5wPcHtcYND2HddzKlt1-2BnDm-2FY3CMc738o3GvTPrFpFuITmUwQdK4ndZfdisqs3Jixuze-2Bjzpll1-2FN8COIGCBD7sm6Ak0l-2FJ8cDJZoSbfMy81pmUdFyVVJppzG3BUq8Jb8d-2FPIv8nYMw-3D-3D
- Wake Up vs Bedtime (3 min) A short one here. I’ve been getting back into sleep learning. I’m all over the place. Just a day ago I slept for 12 hours straight, which I almost never do. Trying to figure this out, found this different sleep aide (did it again, sorry 😞): https://email.getpocket.com/ls/click?upn=ky17TgJ1REx4YaZOG279kZ5hhiBYZKlLwTjAv0MdQur7bTRkFd3mksJ3e4RaYkVrFH5U_PHOmiF2WICAvZHAAPZXMgWOz6MXxBKQNVj7K9BDTpXLaj8wX2J896B7v4ccBQz0yxfsti00SYLRWDGhN4C3AIFJbBvNhew9jGXuxycCyYr9M1IqtrkCb4SH7MfIQ6IbSNJsPWEt-2FlnwHx-2BIOIecDvfSmdix7cTyWhyQ-2BtRI8WP6AxHWRLmLqGxqwxiD4kDAEy8lXrjUmbLYCET1oIIVED4TXvm39EZUXXavzyDstcsHpWj5MuAByY3CDUQ2vdKHOkwYTrAnKvGvUoNVCJAiW5MGWLkBeulr5ZkvemwWzwB7V9nLSnAf3DY6hqKddQI2xLYaF1XCaetAPrWNnxgdVxcQY9YwZkB0-2FxmZkOnz47yq7Sf-2BU5DqquJrXyha1VRjC
- Rewind, Be Kind (19 min) Like a video game, what if you could have a do over? Unlimited lives? Would you change anything? Maybe not. Here’s a trender: https://email.getpocket.com/ls/click?upn=ky17TgJ1REx4YaZOG279kXDCXPJrknDP6lq8X1tvtj3UE-2FCa5wSdLiMjsWsWa627klHi_PHOmiF2WICAvZHAAPZXMgWOz6MXxBKQNVj7K9BDTpXLaj8wX2J896B7v4ccBQz0yxfsti00SYLRWDGhN4C3AIFJbBvNhew9jGXuxycCyYr9M1IqtrkCb4SH7MfIQ6IbSNJsPWEt-2FlnwHx-2BIOIecDvfSmdix7cTyWhyQ-2BtRI8WP5WxfP5w2X3x1DCHBCz2jF7lqKx8oJR5dRktH8QTrFPewFzu2tgfbMuZSv8hugo9d-2BN-2BtyUlQWKU7XRxJJS5VxCMfOClfJ7zizAjP9IihrHshUpgG7nORWPUYv7BHJbo58-2BPcHB3-2BuJ1hMRpDNdtt7NYgVezx6IlILMzLXdl6pEDNsFJRRjzL2qxo7gjdDIiikEMnKxRsu3BFIsyTnL7XX0
- 50 Years! What the heck! (3 min) Took only 50 years for some hackers to figure out the Zodiac Killer’s Cipher. The movie Zodiac from 2007 was a favorite of mine. Sit this read caught my eye. I had to watch Zodiac again after reading this: https://email.getpocket.com/ls/click?upn=ky17TgJ1REx4YaZOG279kUzPBXvfvvRoOVUbb7ANMrgNCIQynV1CEWEStNeyJ44aBW8f_ImJSAUyAltbIQfdE35jXaUFTRxOVEm9afsWk03WoRRoU96igMjV-2B1-2BvzMg2ZX6YH6sFJYIZwR8Lu8vo30qpbB1Q0iZke-2F-2FxkhtMok3CDJHxtejJfLTRj-2Fs8RMa91FB88kgNKMo2fckLwDIVfSOJ8XAg3-2Fy3nkshzAuBGTKwNbm3plm2FJpTLO5BB4fFBrRPWneYoT2VMjoWlULodPnolFn2WsdXtBAjrm7sU1Sj12B4mucKYPNd7y6MrE4UT6SfDCFDiYY6OAldNlu7kt4zInje8IGjymah7xVbjN8SZXuglF5Kci7xcGTz7rm700c-2Bgmho-2Fm7c7VJiGHfkf3l1glaid-2F868qLw3g1Q5wmTRgdrlCPMyxPpfu9T6ednPHQMreAdrpGQQW-2FNqho9iOCh-2BHw-3D-3D
- Doomscrolling (3 min) Another collection for you inside this read. This has several articles on how to de-stress from the news. It doesn’t really stress me out. I get to this place where the article doesn’t do it for me, I end wasting my time reading it, then move on to something else. Not enough time in my life to read something that stresses me out or is not interesting in the least. But I enjoy reading the news to stay in the know. You will find 15 ways to do this in the collection here: https://getpocket.com/explore/item/how-to-destress-from-the-news
That’s the 7 for this last week of 2020. Happy reading and discovery into the New Year. I’ll see you in 2021!