Landed on a non-Sunday as I blew past this last weekend for our 7 this week. Lots of things kept me from the time to get in here for you this week. Did you miss the list? Not to worry. You get the added benefit of back to back posts. I will be caught up coming into this next Sunday. No joe today either. Just got a great blend to share with you.
The list of 7 this past week is a little out there. A mix. No theme. We got TED in here. Book lists. Difference between journaling and keeping a diary, yes they are different. Habit article, I love studying systems. Let’s go!
- Rest Is for the Wicked (4 min) Here’s TED. There is 7 types of rest apparently. Who knew? I’ve been studying rest, because I have not created a really good system for consistent sleep. I’m in bed early enough for a 7+ hour sleep cycle, but I am lucky to get just over 5+ when the alarm goes off. Here’s the types: https://email.getpocket.com/ls/click?upn=ky17TgJ1REx4YaZOG279kWeKmR7pVJ0AC-2Fkd6NO43iYRVjiUnpQVcoBEcYOTTYNcfT17_ImJSAUyAltbIQfdE35jXaUFTRxOVEm9afsWk03WoRRoU96igMjV-2B1-2BvzMg2ZX6YH6sFJYIZwR8Lu8vo30qpbB1Q0iZke-2F-2FxkhtMok3CDJHxtejJfLTRj-2Fs8RMa91FB88mwxqnd1Na1OlY7TtJbwzfBwz-2Ftc7GqzMXWESndNNBOaj13pTORkpq48R-2Bipd1rO7OWmPlwWrm3jB6BffQNK6Rav9Hk-2BfR4iIwXVCQJdoT30zJCL7yxgN4OhCcDKVa-2BuGWdRi-2BNaNTQQGJg0ohsoPm27gANDluhpfeUksskI1FBElqRkrCQxtCeWWe-2BxLt4XQXDGt-2FHu2WTI85lHrsV3eMDwQnEDvzxsoVV6-2Bow1a2zmSurOqDMab9jNJG2B4eNAKGsm-2B17jqBKk68YCj-2BJGlxg-3D-3D
- Geek (16 min) Yup! That’s me. Something about worlds that I can escape to in the pages of a book. I have one in rotation every month along with the other fun pickups I like to drop into. This was last year’s list for 2020. I always love these lists every year. The drop: https://email.getpocket.com/ls/click?upn=ky17TgJ1REx4YaZOG279kXKBh9PJdQ9ObeLzchv7xa0HzwfPdcCOuOwTLM63d2yjZKfJ_ImJSAUyAltbIQfdE35jXaUFTRxOVEm9afsWk03WoRRoU96igMjV-2B1-2BvzMg2ZX6YH6sFJYIZwR8Lu8vo30qpbB1Q0iZke-2F-2FxkhtMok3CDJHxtejJfLTRj-2Fs8RMa91FB88jVHblVdfWaTKapW6FUqxp-2BGq0I2HICj5YdfW8dl-2F9-2FglKYru80BRQzZFwuo3RF7kkOKorlxUjyF5Jx2d2wiNCx1Lla6zDJgLn3cHw6EplhXW3ub4wqpgdprrFtzFYW9K66EXExJWJ8z3XNqk5qBjloto5lnL4eHC-2BFIpAlDFmaNQQT0DgL4Reaz7MfpGDCX0lZwRtjqjpodlL1yTfgQjkabVKyCOCXF1Ld7ylZu7Z58-2FBfvrcCDXqcTtNLZiKcB1SCgvqhhKEOYdM6WNxEfL3A-3D-3D
- Systems (12 min) Habits create systems, systems create the best version of you. Habits help you build the version you want to see. The right habits? Well check it out for yourself: https://heleo.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a6579e21df5f4156ea7a7c3bb&id=441b3b2bf7&e=090cce7857
- Journaling Freak (3 min) Yup. Guilty. Here’s the difference, if I wrote this, that I believe exists between a diary and journaling system. Journaling I believe is essential to your well-being: https://email.getpocket.com/ls/click?upn=ky17TgJ1REx4YaZOG279kdaDO5gcc9A8Fad4CI2tuI5nAFMvBhdCXJ9vXRUutjRETNAn_ImJSAUyAltbIQfdE35jXaUFTRxOVEm9afsWk03WoRRoU96igMjV-2B1-2BvzMg2ZX6YH6sFJYIZwR8Lu8vo30qpbB1Q0iZke-2F-2FxkhtMok3CDJHxtejJfLTRj-2Fs8RMa91FB88tFpKpYT9b8pzdznbMaZVI43jS8KzBfj96aycQcJWNNxxh0V-2FCsgi6Itmu7-2BQOdr6MjH8ZDlCh-2BkgEPRtIkWp9QO58StweBwSKXjDKE62igZm-2Bvhs3DmQEmDHmTkXpZeuP79HhdJV0J2KH7QPE9Q2DTa5e0aUZ2xvTH9KmhSZQd3m2Vst62bWoBJJMU8JZutwed05koV0qCueeI9ygMuUS4JpUzHB0hGfrH-2BvbO4I8JW7rmLIqGmZuV8yn6tMr0PAJbDOHwkYvpInObkR0Vqgjg-3D-3D
- The Power of WHY (2 min) Start here. Talk to yourself. Ask why at least 5 times. I ask myself 5 why’s before I ever take on something that is new or a tremendous challenge for me. Very similar to Scott here in this simple article. 5 whys. For lots of reasons. Grab Start With Why from Sinek also if you want a great read. So good: https://www.scottcochrane.com/index.php/2021/01/04/how-to-leverage-clarity-on-your-why-to-maximize-your-leadership/?utm_source=feedly&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=how-to-leverage-clarity-on-your-why-to-maximize-your-leadership
- The One Thing (4 min) Not only an incredible book, The One Thing is a critical system to have. Science has long established, continues to tell us, we can only focus 100% on one thing at a time. Multi-tasking, BAD. Anything more than one thing at a time to work on, you’re asking for trouble with each multi-tasking effort you add to the pile. Thought this was a good dive into that idea: https://getpocket.com/explore/item/want-to-improve-focus-and-productivity-do-one-thing-at-a-time
- Be Present (13 min) We need to attend, according to this Aeon post. Attend to our past and future. Wasn’t there someone who said those who don’t heed their past are doomed to repeat it? I struggled with this one, as you know I am a huge fan of mindfulness. It’s good to see a different perspective from time to time, so here we go: https://aeon.co/essays/the-metaphysical-claims-behind-the-injunction-to-be-in-the-now
That’s this past week’s reads and dives that ended up stuck with me. Anything interest you, please drop it in the comments below. I am in love with different ideals or perspectives. Send me your curiosities! Have a great week, see you in a couple more days.
Leave a Reply