Missed the window again for the weekend. Maybe what I need to do here is create one I can do anytime, I can call it a “Sunday” or weekend list? Just when it strikes me, do it. But does that make me less accountable to a deadline each week when I do it like that? Learning a lot, trying to figure it out. Let’s get to the coffee for this week, then the list.
Today’s joe was pretty amazing as I drank it reading the list below again. The coffee comes from Burundi, Munkaze. The region is known for it’s rare coffee blends. Over 750,000 families rely on coffee in this small country as their primary source of income. Rich volcanic soils make this an incredible place on the planet for some of the best grown coffee in the world. For today’s crafting of the blend it was recommended that I use a French press to get the most out of the taste. I have this really incredible small 10 oz French press that makes a single cup of joe. It was amazing once I steeped it for 3 minutes. My first sip I was tasting malt chocolate, apricot, and some almond notes. Very smooth thanks to the French press. This cup won’t make it to the end of this post.
- TED Who? (5 min) I’m not sure why perpetual motion machines never really took off. I wanted to learn more, maybe even as a technology that failed us to create a sustainable way of producing energy. It was interesting to watch. TV time: https://e.ted.com/explore.ted.com/watch/Tqd4ubXwSvXC—1eyJ0cmFja2luZyI6eyJkaWQiOjQxMTgyNDIwNiwicmlkIjoiVHFkNHViWHdTdlhDIn0sInByb3RvY29sIjoiaHR0cHM6In0-2.bcvGkTfJ4-18Mhc-0b3PBCtxqmqiITsz3E02zveLj4ceo-2
- WFH (5 min) With work from home being something that is just here to stay for the future pandemic or not, I was curious on what the top paying WFH jobs might even be. Maybe even be able to help others needing one, get one. Here’s a trending article of the week: https://email.getpocket.com/ls/click?upn=ky17TgJ1REx4YaZOG279kfe6dAcP2MHorNeju8fNNji7skymK8YBV3bnNmSTce-2FxegJK_ImJSAUyAltbIQfdE35jXaUFTRxOVEm9afsWk03WoRRoU96igMjV-2B1-2BvzMg2ZX6YH6sFJYIZwR8Lu8vo30qpbB1Q0iZke-2F-2FxkhtMok3CDJHxtejJfLTRj-2Fs8RMa91FB88T-2B-2FldliBaCP7VnzHfmV2IKtlMdJ92VYb2h04e9crb4bXmPQxUCEwDvXtrtRoJ7q-2BDc8e0Xr1JJvcoK-2FrFvVbQDccAKIX2BnF-2F-2BN9fcrnWsJaU5gMvDhu3DZUhFjDlarz-2F-2FAlvsJF-2FAiuaXDB2K0do6SaV9QiE-2BIXpYxMVkfuUqmfBCmg-2FhZgfIwPU11YXN5WLl5h31sgqYhU9Z4K8ouzFa-2FHypqK7cMT8y5qgDDRMS28-2BT3ll1xVLHA6t96eh0Sd0hQJmp6rV1IFSixOpUguiw-3D-3D
- Running and Mindfulness (4 min) My best runs have been the ones where the music as well as the locale match. I don’t look at my feet, I look around when I run. Before I know it, the run is done, and I get so much from it. Here’s the idea: http://lnk.ozy.com/click/a9y7-2cjkv4-wpr2zg-fsgeyn27/
- Long and Longer Reads (5 min – 2 hours) Depending on which long reads you want to get into, there is plenty in here to keep you busy with reading something this week. These range from politics to cruise ship shenanigans, Rolling Stone to BBC. Time to time, I like these dives, they keep on my toes: https://longreads.com/2021/01/15/the-top-5-longreads-of-the-week-354/
- Social Network Styles (6 min) I didn’t even know there was a style. But, I have not really been on social networking a whole heck of lot either. Which is intentional. But, as I do ease back into social networking, if I have a style I want to know what it is to be more mindful of it. Let’s get stylish: https://greatergood.berkeley.edu/article/item/what_is_your_social_networking_style
- Time to Work (3 min) Purpose. Even in WFH situations, starting our work with intention is one of the best habits one can ensure is part of our systems or routines. It’s helpful. Q&A: https://forge.medium.com/the-first-question-to-ask-yourself-when-you-sit-down-to-work-69366165d8a
- There Is Lists, Then There Is Lists (6 min) We plan time intentionally for times where we have to do things we know we have to do. We have to work if we’re not retired. We have physical lists we make to ensure we stay healthy. But what about a downtime list? Time you spend in free time it’s argued is some of our most wasteful time spent. How can we better at using it right? Much to-do: https://www.self.com/story/downtime-list
That’s the list from last week. New list sometime in the next 4-5 days should land. Hope you enjoy this one. My best reading lists or curiosities are the ones that I stumble upon each week. This is one of those lists. Hope you enjoy it.