Another 7 Point for you. The last one of the month of Jan. So hard to believe that the first month of 2021 is over with as we move into Feb. Got several articles that stuck with me this past week. Most have a social aspect or twist to them. For some reason anything that had to do with social connections or sociology spins to them, got my attention this past week.
No cup of Joe to talk about today. Waiting for a new batch from my favorite coffee sub to be delivered to the house before we do that. Who knows what part of the word the next fresh cup I brew comes from. Can not wait. Let’s not waste any time and get into this week’s list.
- Nextdoor Neighboor (12 min) You will here more about this soon. It’s a rising social platform that is listserv for services local to your area. It’s evolving into something bigger though. Pay attention now: https://email.getpocket.com/ls/click?upn=ky17TgJ1REx4YaZOG279kV0FKGNZ1rxlTEr0xZyNeYF5nYTAQtl8ho-2Fv-2BlQ8WFTPEgbT_ImJSAUyAltbIQfdE35jXaUFTRxOVEm9afsWk03WoRRoU96igMjV-2B1-2BvzMg2ZX6YH6sFJYIZwR8Lu8vo30qpbB1Q0iZke-2F-2FxkhtMok3CDJHxtejJfLTRj-2Fs8RMa91FB8882-2FWkuX4PJnPbZLq8jhS-2FJ6m3WkKZ2-2BdDNIjuTuJrtRiXzZV3s-2BJ5jsoJKc0k-2FFNcGmxA7n5i3fdJNnLhCl7H-2FX518M1Zlf8OjQkAdFMwO8XCfAvsNVLUxGVyoFCfScNnuY44T-2BNv36t0-2BkpU4knBt57ZiisZ634ZRKSfLwOGTrwsDollELOBxwxnS9raZxefbwZo-2BUSF9yDGKNes353cYxjJgica2rTop4gpGEh-2BLQctgVU7wjqUfMO9tOvXp1AEc1UuzEkdxTNi5Fpv2rctQ-3D-3D
- The Office (12 min) Who would have thought Michael Scott could teach you a lesson in social class theories? Now that The Office has landed on my local favorite streaming service, I’ve been finding myself watching the seasons. Also, researching about the shows. Who knew that it aligned so well with the 3-ladder system of social class in the US? Check it out: https://link.morningbrew.com/click/22733755.13745/aHR0cHM6Ly9hbGV4ZGFuY28uY29tLzIwMjEvMDEvMjIvdGhlLW1pY2hhZWwtc2NvdHQtdGhlb3J5LW9mLXNvY2lhbC1jbGFzcy8_dXRtX3NvdXJjZT1tb3JuaW5nX2JyZXc/5cb108ee24c17c34e52bbfc1Bf1fc4a09
- Hulk Talk, Not Smash (3 min – 1 hour) Depending on what you read from this collection it could be a quick pick to tide you over or a long read. Pocket’s pile of reads in this batch all focus on how to talk to people you disagree with. I like the active listening How to Listen, Really Listen as my pick from the bunch. Enjoy the rabbit hole: https://email.getpocket.com/ls/click?upn=ky17TgJ1REx4YaZOG279kRSyt5MIx-2BP-2BYVkJOGFPofNk1HPjPKgew8w-2Bhae5sapOj4_G_ImJSAUyAltbIQfdE35jXaUFTRxOVEm9afsWk03WoRRoU96igMjV-2B1-2BvzMg2ZX6YH6sFJYIZwR8Lu8vo30qpbB1Q0iZke-2F-2FxkhtMok3CDJHxtejJfLTRj-2Fs8RMa91FB88lJL-2FdgSJAGp0fdt0zNSLwTzJDkykZCdMU0Cid2PktELoY5ILUyjGhb152nw-2BPlH7oEfuEPfnHOa7aNSp7IXbTMX6oukXHwgpirIIiunGdeLgTArtU4fJ3RXsNxQ38G3UFVE1YN-2Fdo7d-2BL0c1R7s63bUr3ZB5IoN-2BqLiMRvjySKeEEMqtaHuTApTe7Zo12PxJqxziOaHMEhf5Yv6Zb-2FH5zm2mb3w48xHDiQ0pv7oswu8aqIYOQ4oD04hefBAzXMoBnBLC5IdZ7nEvSDGVEY-2FQlQ-3D-3D
- Free Radicals (19 min) Great story here on someone moved to action in helping to bring the next generation of innovators to the front of the line, give them access, shaping our futures. You’ll meet Leigh-Ann Buchanan who is putting literally, the verb in leadership: https://email.mg2.substack.com/c/eJwlkMtyhCAQRb9m2Gnx0nEWLLLJb1gN9CgJguGRiX8fRqt4LG53nbrHQMElpkPtMRfyfuZy7KgCvrLHUjCRmjHNzioxUEkZI1ZJy6ZhIi7Pz4S4gfOqpIpkr9o7A8XFcC4wISRZFfKJatBsfD5Ga7SYpnGEO5dWyIkbc7-wUK3DYFDhL6YjBiReraXs-SY-bvyznTesS2Abwuf-HOtLbMHerkewmPLq9s7lDrqW6s6jW9YOQuh0NSsECMQpTjmjjEs2UM5pz_r6Fxf0P18i3iTdFt7nqnMB892buJGkdjC5hrzCK7SB5d33TFrduf1bDa4cMwbQHu1lolw-TzfzggFT82xnKIqNrIHpIGnTeTU_Vd0nIR6CNLSNbStcGsrqwvIPtACQRg
- Coffee Shop Creativity (6 min) One of the things I miss the most is the atmosphere of a local coffee shop. Something about sitting in one, grabbing refills all day long, and pounding out an idea or two with the website was something pre-COVID I enjoyed a lot. I hope someday I can get back to it again. For now, I understand why I miss it: https://email.getpocket.com/ls/click?upn=ky17TgJ1REx4YaZOG279kc8z61E1LnNK0-2Bj7HxMsKnbYufeTSSpDzKWSveW2tNq4SO0r_ImJSAUyAltbIQfdE35jXaUFTRxOVEm9afsWk03WoRRoU96igMjV-2B1-2BvzMg2ZX6YH6sFJYIZwR8Lu8vo30qpbB1Q0iZke-2F-2FxkhtMok3CDJHxtejJfLTRj-2Fs8RMa91FB88kM2ReKntgJDDmLgMWfwDwQWwT-2BWFL6puX8VmrLGXiFR3i3pD1jJ-2BlnJuIeor-2FntYN52TpKkt4NTjLfZfXPR4ea84cZPK22g3xkM2TUnLMrviOUu5ukH8eJuTOBSrBevrTewjV2-2FkuwS1xLh96iL24SdSRGWxo-2F3T95OuwCPqKw8L9AVFDKDqPGU-2B3p-2BsnyVi6FDnUS8pYHcVJJyFJ-2BW02WQgfALqXSsOUykebjZy3dtSEvDjPMdHVZhrEoVsYkRoEcNoUwKyTsvlvDWMHcQSmA-3D-3D
- Keeping Score (6 min) Some can not help it. Keeping score is something we’ve all done at one time or another. It can make you feel accomplished. Or, it can make you feel like a ton of crap. Regardless, thought this was a great article on maybe why we shouldn’t: https://email.getpocket.com/ls/click?upn=ky17TgJ1REx4YaZOG279kXO8-2BlEF9rfuB8MtaVlQvX8-2FZUk1paF7BkeC5qmcaDDJPe_3_ImJSAUyAltbIQfdE35jXaUFTRxOVEm9afsWk03WoRRoU96igMjV-2B1-2BvzMg2ZX6YH6sFJYIZwR8Lu8vo30qpbB1Q0iZke-2F-2FxkhtMok3CDJHxtejJfLTRj-2Fs8RMa91FB88kM2ReKntgJDDmLgMWfwDwQWwT-2BWFL6puX8VmrLGXiFR3i3pD1jJ-2BlnJuIeor-2FntY4oZMBHvCYKUpaXJ-2BZjACGuc-2FA3YkznYPqe0Jextuw5xTKbvP-2BTYLwJqhRBm2lQOyUWEVh1FmG9T3GP-2FzzIpQU40f9021V01xVKhKXIyjOZ7ARmW2LRwX2DnxRmy-2BD2W4EBpVYgktjHS-2FzMiYSFRCDWgIR-2BIOUiEB38jgqBas1Xj32Rli1rfMAfqkmULOEaoYbcsHT9D0orSj3UwqDXFzUQ-3D-3D
- Which Shoulder Angle Do You Listen To? (8 min) Last one of the list about having a better relationship with the two voices we tend to have most commonly in our head. Picture that cartoon angel on one shoulder and the devil on the other shoulder pouring over advice on what you should do. You get the idea, here’s the read: https://email.getpocket.com/ls/click?upn=ky17TgJ1REx4YaZOG279kTLICz2KuwLq35exuTF7Ixsw4dfYqB0Jh7eTPCBzMscq2YrR_ImJSAUyAltbIQfdE35jXaUFTRxOVEm9afsWk03WoRRoU96igMjV-2B1-2BvzMg2ZX6YH6sFJYIZwR8Lu8vo30qpbB1Q0iZke-2F-2FxkhtMok3CDJHxtejJfLTRj-2Fs8RMa91FB88eX6-2FS8F2Z6qoKAeF5Zk4S58XUaNxR6NXXBnMYE8W3K962C6BdSYRiIgL4qa-2FDSvvbrUyVgsCWlfXD7Ja8gGk5qfLgolMrQMroWiZ-2ByPDasb3WK8XTXSfPVzPpgPwUy1gCXeRckad9Gf2pZ7ErQjGHlRsJU4-2ByzhFIGCVpHnwhrbyop5ewDm9KkCuzyvVW3ufoepWmPZH276kTDNpqqeHTKC6Le-2FGBr7IlH9SEbfiEx2ygSZ7OFyTnnVv2ovt319uHUdNj3jaXEBWIByeyI1XeQ-3D-3D
That’s your list this week. Hope you enjoy, had a great weekend. This week, I think a lot of these will help. Best thing, break them up to one a day to escape into another perspective. If you got any ideas for next week’s list, send the them my way through the feedback channel in the comments section below the article.