With the increase in time available to read I’ve come across some really interesting ones for your curiosity monster that wants to be fed. Hope you like them. Read one a day to just brake up the pattern of your days with one or two during breaks.
- First one up I have is a ancient language I have never heard of before. Whistling. Yeah, that’s right. A language totally based on whistlers. It still exists today. Check it out: https://getpocket.com/explore/item/here-there-be-whistlers
- I’m a coffee drinker ☕️ Which to my wife’s dismay with the smell is not something she enjoys. I love to tell her the health benfits of drinking coffee. I enjoy the smell and taste. I like to hand make most of my coffee versus Kurieg or buying it made for me. Someday I may become a barista in my retirement. Anyway, here’s 4 surprising health benefits of drinking it: https://getpocket.com/explore/item/4-cups-a-day-4-surprising-health-benefits-of-drinking-that-much-coffee
- Industrial espionage sounds kind of like spy versus spy right? What’s the history of it though? Where did it start? How and why? I love me some good James Bond type of spy games, but industrial espionage scales a little different. If your curious enough, check this out: https://getpocket.com/explore/item/the-oldest-game
- Fake stories. People love them and will them into existence as real. I think sometimes we want the story to be so real because it gives us comfort. But, we have to be honest. When its fake its fake. When that gets legs it can mislead a lot of people into wrong actions. Fact check this out: https://apple.news/AwRjZYoIjTuq4j40WA8ICFQ
- Everyone is talking about the Tiger King. Didn’t know he existed until this show came to my attention. Now I have to watch it. Here’s a list of suggestions from Apple News in a What to Watch collection I have for you: https://apple.news/ADM_RDmskQ4b-lMpXREU-7A And, the Tiger Kind specifically to check out: https://apple.news/AzSrdb3W2TnuDDlvXfYFaRQ
- Stuff. I like stuff. Who doesn’t. One of my favorite sites to window shop virtually. There is all kinds of “stuff” here from playlists to eating receipts, etc. You’ll want to bookmark this one and check back each week. Here’s a start: https://stuff.com/
- Dictionary of the Obscure is a sub I picked up a while ago on YouTube that is really very interesting. If you need a break from your typical bingeing here’s something to check out. Pretty interesting. Here’s the rabbit 🐇 hole: https://www.youtube.com/user/obscuresorrows
That’s the 7 for this week. Hope you enjoy them. I’d love a challenge or two for the next couple weeks of posts. Please drop them into the comments below and I’ll see what I can learn. Thanks for stopping by. Hope you healthy and safe.
Leave a Reply