7 Point is a little off tilt from this past week. All over the place. But, I think those can be the best finds. Not really, again, any themes here to see or read into. Just a bunch of points that I stumbled into this week for your reading pleasure. So, grab your favorite beverage, lets go.
- You’ve Been Managed (6 min) Everyone has had a manager in their life, even if they were someone that had to work from home or was that person that decided to stay home to grow the family. You’ve been managed, one way or another. The aim here, Google finds 10 traits of the very best ones as they went out to prove managers are not necessary. Consider yourself managed: https://www.inc.com/scott-mautz/google-tried-to-prove-managers-dont-matter-instead-they-discovered-10-traits-of-very-best-ones.html
- Walk It Out (9 min) I’ve been exploring not just running lately. But walking. Thanks to a friend (APC that’s you), an active walking wife (Mary that’s you), and some help from some tech I have on my left arm from the time I go to bed, to the time I wake up I’m digging some 30-40 minute walks. It’s not all about the runners, I like the idea of getting lost on purpose in the read ahead here: https://email.getpocket.com/ls/click?upn=ky17TgJ1REx4YaZOG279kRfKrOiwnnsmIE1UrzAu66RQp0-2FiPb1JCvJgnfodqkVFYQqO_ImJSAUyAltbIQfdE35jXaUFTRxOVEm9afsWk03WoRRoU96igMjV-2B1-2BvzMg2ZX6YH6sFJYIZwR8Lu8vo30qpbB1Q0iZke-2F-2FxkhtMok3CDJHxtejJfLTRj-2Fs8RMa91FB88zTH6ZLyHdn1dgEP6V5D1G2NsM-2BndAiJBbdhOUUELdNhyGx1P6DyR-2B3hZF407yxR-2FJWHuIYsc2W1ujxr0Vifa9cvUmjDdTkO94r5F0pBR1RAlBgF8tIlvoDwnwGl2g0x-2F2ybdsjyrVucmFWvF7Tef4S5pZZT-2FiKHqs-2Bt7cHoTY0T-2BVpvo3P69mSmSQ36Qzi6hlZUcBJswUV5EZkrxY-2FDwgDo0GWDhtE3-2B7C6yvwMzNKu4DxWygEKb6NZMMq8It608Orw-2BHobqaTRsyghpVamAXgIBmgG-2B1W-2BALKMTrmagXLM-3D
- To Mars (5 min) I can not believe Mars is that close to use that we can actually space travel within a meaningful amount of time, colonize there, then come home. 🤯 Total Recall anyone? Humans reaching the planet will not be far away: https://email.getpocket.com/ls/click?upn=ky17TgJ1REx4YaZOG279kWK35PIngdaOna77lbw-2BNh7d-2BHHAmac6qjSWpzrubvXREc_3_ImJSAUyAltbIQfdE35jXaUFTRxOVEm9afsWk03WoRRoU96igMjV-2B1-2BvzMg2ZX6YH6sFJYIZwR8Lu8vo30qpbB1Q0iZke-2F-2FxkhtMok3CDJHxtejJfLTRj-2Fs8RMa91FB88zTH6ZLyHdn1dgEP6V5D1G2NsM-2BndAiJBbdhOUUELdNhyGx1P6DyR-2B3hZF407yxR-2Fbhk47vro9SJrDXMPDlfS-2BT0LS8OR-2FGiPGukt2ilZBQ6gEr7s-2BDSWsaOlmJHjGxFodZL6FVuPfamNfLDqdDP349nO2OBuZ2DZw3I1ivt9zZ30g6FQ1IlcPk05D-2FjMEO36dn5W6UdVq0ivZ-2FRaWSHkNSGUpvPlfdNMsybHptNZnHwGbCXdD1F4l9-2BASFaEMBYL3JltpqBJwHo8GtvgWaBv-2FS1zItwJr0sEApNpq5Cm5fk-3D
- Nomad-itca (7 min) I think if I end up in my elder years being alone because I have managed to outlive everyone else, I would be a nomad of some sort. I have this idea or fantasy of a tiny home. I guess that’s not exactly a nomad way of living because nomads sort of travel all over. But, I can see myself being like Bob in here. I’m looking forward to Nomadland mentioned here, so watch the trailer too if you have some extra time: https://email.getpocket.com/ls/click?upn=ky17TgJ1REx4YaZOG279kQKpmR-2Bnmchee1htJ8bP2UQsFQrpBt3PH9mskdgPucSTNUJK_ImJSAUyAltbIQfdE35jXaUFTRxOVEm9afsWk03WoRRoU96igMjV-2B1-2BvzMg2ZX6YH6sFJYIZwR8Lu8vo30qpbB1Q0iZke-2F-2FxkhtMok3CDJHxtejJfLTRj-2Fs8RMa91FB88OQfsmSLHMjQ1uh9qt-2BXxU-2Fq3KGEPoW1jc2fF6-2BVEBEITQ1sMOfbLSaaa8-2FbMqoaeSFZ9wThsY-2FuN2RZPYlBEm-2F6N-2FsoY0-2FhVcwVxm-2BcyeFHG89EXdrnlZ5m94UODKnXu-2BkklaQBzlnjrWnlWehpe2KawV0X2vcPZAqNXDlrGCAACoev2ToZF67anLnBTVQp585bqXxm0Tdqg308UW7IXVPBxihAlp54ULOnmoT9jo269gq2L2oh95k86O1m9YDlbw19DXRRAgffjEEPxsPlqR3hdj3Yb6Ngu9PN8mzYD0CM-3D
- The Power of the Walk (6 min) I know, there is already one in here about walking. But, like I told you, I’ve been a little obsessed with what I can learn from walking in-between my running routines of each week. Enjoy another perspective: https://email.getpocket.com/ls/click?upn=ky17TgJ1REx4YaZOG279kc0c1gSC8S7IxSZAzKCOJiRjbaA3emlbugYFH4sYxHJvdUgw_ImJSAUyAltbIQfdE35jXaUFTRxOVEm9afsWk03WoRRoU96igMjV-2B1-2BvzMg2ZX6YH6sFJYIZwR8Lu8vo30qpbB1Q0iZke-2F-2FxkhtMok3CDJHxtejJfLTRj-2Fs8RMa91FB8838jj5oU5k6TX-2FWkZNV7Y9SlPbwPb3QsG-2BV8vXotv3ZcePGwnfpk8lmzhplB5mO9cYkkxLfkKJz-2BBzfmcWLCEw-2BfG4NLZigME0sp1mvjcazFufvucjBKS7E0ep-2F0YlEFtXBavvLd7n1OA9qPedDtX1cfM2ivVcPDHqvQzgf7Now045M2fKFAl-2FM-2B9ZaVerL-2FhqsbjHr5ObmhRRGidYg8b20yuX5QEUshOuFusmkCWRwP8aIDUzZ35b3n8wRvEX1RcyQQG82jI2cmpR-2BtsLTlgbyYAZx8QrwwYq3S1DtFDyC4-3D
- Unsubscribe, Unlikely (2 min) I thought “unsubbing” something was the best way to stop the junk from flowing into my inbox. Guess it’s not. Random one people, hang in there with me, it’s worth a 2 minute dive: https://email.getpocket.com/ls/click?upn=ky17TgJ1REx4YaZOG279kTfGU-2F8TNU-2FiU5QLIn3jwQ636JjM7e8-2B1YMqcIiX7SJvdtVe_ImJSAUyAltbIQfdE35jXaUFTRxOVEm9afsWk03WoRRoU96igMjV-2B1-2BvzMg2ZX6YH6sFJYIZwR8Lu8vo30qpbB1Q0iZke-2F-2FxkhtMok3CDJHxtejJfLTRj-2Fs8RMa91FB881f2KdAPYQ2zRD4dCNG6avjQVe8aw8OoRnHNQ3uPaeVjWz-2B0wLx-2Bv0vrGe4mxtRFvRYLuL1D4Zsl7B7DBBlT4ksif0RP0qfHPF-2BSGR29BVNn6PwQ0ffrzGp8WCP-2Bapf0KxIPrOF21y9pGRJnwDp2m3nXc97Ht4YiwmwVK-2FkcrXGUz1NUuFzCG67fTXSZCNM3iUBgSDUGTXC6SGz-2FkjkRiZbsXtMYzu0bgTWbuL13ja8O5j4-2FYMc-2FQEKkUFMQcqrzOqe962gw9c7-2BKh1NpLjg4yA-3D-3D
- Video. Black History Month (7 min) As many know February is a month of recognizing black culture and history. Next week 7 Point will be themed out with some great finds I’ve read or pulled from on black history. This video is pretty recent as of August 2020. This video has some incredible perspective from those that got to be a part of the movement of Dr. King. Great piece from NPR: https://www.npr.org/2020/08/26/905810418/video-the-dream-then-and-now-1963-marchers-reflect-on-the-2020-movement?utm_source=morning_brew
Thanks for the taking a dive. Hope you liked this week’s randomness. Look forward to next 7 Point to have some crafty brew sharing (been missing the cup of joe) and as I stated in point 7 above, a theme centered in my work on becoming more educated around the black movement so I can be a better ally. Have a great weekend and solid coming week!