Welcome back to another 7 Point post. My reading habits were all over the place for articles this week. All over the place. Do not say I didn’t warn you as you jump down the hole with me. Of course, you are in control of this ride, you can stop to get off any time.
- A Robot and a Article (5min) Found this rummaging around my reading list bargain bin from Guardian. I might want to hire a robot because this robot is more consistent than I am with writing as well as posting. I was curious what a robot what write if given the room, the power to figure it out. A few paragraphs into the article I found this odd, but now I think about it probably true take away this AI had. It gets us more than we get us. “Humans must keep doing what they have been doing, hating and fighting each other. I will sit in the background, and let them do their thing.” WOW 😳 Welcome to The Skynet Enquirer: https://email.getpocket.com/ls/click?upn=ky17TgJ1REx4YaZOG279kdTDckHbWkTQpB04y0pv8nIZG2yxBmdN9xuzsI6zlx6IuGtA_ImJSAUyAltbIQfdE35jXaUFTRxOVEm9afsWk03WoRRoU96igMjV-2B1-2BvzMg2ZX6YH6sFJYIZwR8Lu8vo30qpbB1Q0iZke-2F-2FxkhtMok3CDJHxtejJfLTRj-2Fs8RMa91FB881XMjLd3fzKCQhiVnu-2BWy0pEcwwX4NrAYm1hdhis7kLl1ZrC-2FYNxPJ0Awa0mywNZN23FypQAv8YTi54OT9FJT1ZqzllkwA1mz0D3z-2By-2BeG-2Ba22s-2B4BV-2BpeZuCzGjsPp3zIzzChKlN8JPZPf3Bs7KdS7CkxudMSzI8bN-2BotXrbR29D5q64Nub5sb8vsY-2FORbAo34Gd3KKw-2B4UtoFpCOeYFItk5IQ45Pn1NsmDQXQoumllVpZQdkidG67pex5zQL79JkTI3jtA3wBlwtSjTyip-2FVQ-3D-3D
- Stretch It Out (7min) I did something to my calf this past week. As a runner the week before this severely hampered my running schedule. Looking up different articles about rehabbing my calf I found this one about stretching. It’s not just meant to be done for PT when you have a problem. I came to find out it’s something you should do anyway. Here’s the stretch. (See what I did there…😂): https://s2.washingtonpost.com/2b6f99d/5f59024b9d2fda2c368febee/5f388f70ae7e8a549aed5cbc/41/74/6bcb4f8f9647a9993ef4a706aebfadcb
- Where’s My Vacation Bro? (10min) CV-19 is easy to blame for not being able to take a vacation. But is it? Some of us have figured out how to take a vacation despite the lock downs we have from state to state or country to country. Taking a vacation is important to our well-being. You are at a big health risk when you don’t take one. Here’s the idea 💡: https://heleo.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a6579e21df5f4156ea7a7c3bb&id=144979a4a6&e=a3a9d2bd0b
- Your Talents Have a Shelf Life (4min) Skills can become dormant. I have found so many new skills that I didn’t realize I would be good at thanks to CV-19. I suppose that is one silver lining we can look at with all this adversity. Just as easy as they can be found, encouraged to be stronger, they can also expire. The thoughts 💭: https://email.getpocket.com/ls/click?upn=ky17TgJ1REx4YaZOG279kfIw3ZiILGKBLa43SELYxUivD5Uj9kjOasfEIiXRmk6gRl5K_ImJSAUyAltbIQfdE35jXaUFTRxOVEm9afsWk03WoRRoU96igMjV-2B1-2BvzMg2ZX6YH6sFJYIZwR8Lu8vo30qpbB1Q0iZke-2F-2FxkhtMok3CDJHxtejJfLTRj-2Fs8RMa91FB88htnW6DrNOmNSNRt2e17FH-2BYpRfeZZYdcTgmB-2BgnSAsLB-2BwdI-2FY8P42ow1s7Shv45OIkCz1CtEV5WV1JsXwObTtvHsIKApJ3q5Z5bmAgh1398fQxo6w-2BQviAG3LYOlLfEBBpCTt7FQT3oLqR3-2BFfthvJetD8N9V06ahoTiPRo7mhwiL0gUa4c3NU8GBkJGQwYf-2FW7dn6xglp4fw57NKJMMi6DjnqhjtvP9COj65kc-2BC5-2BuHO7sC9qsNsDSYimuY22884WtRO64G6Nv8kVz4-2Bd7w-3D-3D
- Inception, Yes the Movie (5min) Nolan to me is an incredible talent in his own right, his own field. Visionary story teller, creator. Now that Tenet is out, I can not wait to see that. Inception is an investment in the art all the way through. No short cuts. Most art that is created, never has short cuts. But, we try to recreate the magic that comes with something that demands none. This is a bit off the rails compared to 1-4, enjoy the break up 👨🏻💻: https://email.getpocket.com/ls/click?upn=ky17TgJ1REx4YaZOG279kV1Z-2FLkcYhu8mKEV11FilcVjldYzNuOhgk6Dfc4GVSu33wYZ_ImJSAUyAltbIQfdE35jXaUFTRxOVEm9afsWk03WoRRoU96igMjV-2B1-2BvzMg2ZX6YH6sFJYIZwR8Lu8vo30qpbB1Q0iZke-2F-2FxkhtMok3CDJHxtejJfLTRj-2Fs8RMa91FB887rydonGJStzxNCHMZ9zCIL03HbXQOeRmFrKZSaJ-2FU8FEugpkpKBEDC4l0v5MCYKGXpf-2FXYkpUmPRnWJsawD0XXCRHfgHclYi6MBOAtOHF1OBvw0VrQVJukJ0CJAhgbXMEdq0g8nWm4Zhnc4sZewJ5D2KSwsvwhy6Fb-2Fmjzv6db8gJYd8E2hkzPl2mQedAxoHZYSZvUE5VXsskMm3nmwEdV6wwqwc0r0Qs6avPFDA0uTtu-2BYLi3z-2F93owOAb9tRHC2QtlaMwaKY0L28pZ99RQkQ-3D-3D
- Just Be Unproductive for a Minute (6min) There is something to learn in that uncomfortable moment in being a slouch. Hang in it for at least a little while. What used to be a bad thing, being a day dreamer as an example, is now been proven to be the best at jump starting your creativity. We just can not seem to hang in there long enough to hit that mark 🎯: https://hbr.org/2020/06/let-yourself-be-unproductive-at-least-for-a-little-while?utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter_daily&utm_campaign=dailyalert_not_activesubs&utm_content=signinnudge&utm_content=signinnudge&deliveryName=DM85932
- The Shaolin Master (4min) Mental states are something I will leave with you. We are all finding different mental states, some that scare the absolute crap out of us to even realize we have. Here’s a snap at some that hold us back, how to beat them 🧗🏻♀️: https://email.getpocket.com/ls/click?upn=ky17TgJ1REx4YaZOG279kROzEN2GVfkzIy8-2BYw1eyBtcRsUTgIWzduR-2F12AKAq2h75Bw_PHOmiF2WICAvZHAAPZXMgWOz6MXxBKQNVj7K9BDTpXLaj8wX2J896B7v4ccBQz0yxfsti00SYLRWDGhN4C3AIFJbBvNhew9jGXuxycCyYr-2BK4yIgZvTvauDjvn-2FRtAGvJV98IYAnZbX36xK0oTXJWJ4Jl-2FYagEIBc-2FUDBnTNgjG8kpx-2FNXKE81UmHOF1o-2FuTy2tAx-2Ba2fL60jnQJ5lL7nQ2QIgh5uqxES-2BNY7hGoZBDxvhJmVoo966UkwK3OlsBMK0GyZMr336ZvAfwNdrVOu8PT-2BuVTnD1fkyPFlLAWOGc03USiZf21KgIjOagMQGFkjSURvPeZLG-2BOAQUn7kPzQlyc9UzkECUxwRdJqDrezMg46OdVK9B-2BfTC22FC17V-2Ba
Hope you enjoyed this week’s picks. My backlogged list is getting smaller as I look back through the Pocket picks of the week. It was a really good week of finding some interesting reads. Let me know below in the comments your thoughts. Be well, stay healthy, help others.